Lemon Drop Cookies
When I have an abundance of lemons these low carb Lemon Drop Cookies always resurface as a favorite. They are light and citrusy fresh.
Servings 16 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour do not substitute
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp erythritol Lakanto granular, do not substitute
- 3 tbsp Allulose do not substitute
- 1 tbsp gelatin unflavored
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp butter melted, or coconut oil
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener powdered
- 4 tsp lemon juice plus 2 tsp more to desired consistency
- Lemon zest optional
Preheat oven to 350* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, gelatin, and low carb sweeteners. Stir in melted butter, lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest.
Mix all ingredients until a dough forms. Let rest for a few minutes for the coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture
Take about a tbsp of dough and roll in between your two palms to form small balls of dough. Place balls of dough on the cookie sheet about 2” apart. Press the ball down with the palm of your hand to flatten into a round cookie shape.
*Side note....I use a mini scooper to do the job quicker and I do not roll each ball.
Place cookies in the 350* oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
In a small bowl mix together the melted butter, lemon juice and powdered low carb sweetener. Start with 4 tsp of lemon juice in the glaze for your desired consistency. If you like your glaze slightly thinner (which I do) then add up to 2 tsp more of the lemon juice.
Once the cookies are completely cooled drizzle glaze over each cookie. Sprinkle with lemon zest if desired. Chill and enjoy.
- I have tried this cookie a bazillion times subbing various flours and sweeteners. You can try to sub out the coconut flour and the allulose.....HOWEVER, the recipe as written is THE best version.
- Do not over cook. 10 minutes is plenty of time as there are not eggs that need to be cooked in these cookies.
Calories: 83kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 6mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 97IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg