My 80/20 Rule

My 80/20 Rule (it’s actually 90/10)

Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.

The 80/20 Rule

When I was in sales we all knew that 20% of the top agents produced 80% of the revenue. Known as the Pareto Principle, it has been been proven that 80% of the result usually comes from 20% of the effort

I apply the Pareto Principle to make My 80/20 Rule work with a keto and fasting lifestyle. I flip that principle to assess my diet and healthy lifestyle choices.

When I eat or do healthy things 80% of the time I get great results.

Then 20% of the time the foods are less healthy and I rest a little more than I should.

Actually it’s more like 90/10

However, it’s actually more like… eat healthy 90 percent of the time and indulge 10 percent of the time.

I don’t think I have to convince anyone that sometimes we all like to have a little fun. We fall off the grid or we get silly with friends. Being super strict with my eating and exercising 100% of the time gets a little boring and can be inconvenient to others.

So the goal is to follow my routine 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I let loose and have some fun. I eat and drink whatever is served and I enjoy it. Not that keto foods aren’t fun and delicious, but eating is a social activity.

Keto Food

My Lifestyle is Flexible but not sloppy

I know my Keto and Intermittent Fasting lifestyle is just that…a lifestyle. My 90/10 rule is my way to stay flexible with my eating. I stick to it MOST of the time-90%, but occasionally-10% I throw caution to the wind and I indulge.

Keeping it fresh

When it veer off the routine it gives me a fresh perspective on how great I feel when I’m eating clean fresh foods, getting exercise, hydrating and sleeping through the night.

Boy does it suck to wake up in the middle of the night with a belly ache from carby and sugary foods. It never feels good to wake hung over and dehydrated from that 2nd (or 3rd martini)….but it sure was fun while it lasted.

Gott’s Cheeseburger, Fries, Onion Rings & Diet Coke

That’s why 10% of the time I just go have fun…and then I quickly get back to my 90% routine.

The Judgement

Always being the “Healthy Girl” puts a target on my forehead for the food police. If I had a nickel for every time someone caught me eating or drinking non-healthy foods I’d be a rich lady.

People..I’m human and I LOVE food.

I feel the need to share that we are all entitled to some fun and to let our guard down. The key is that we don’t stay in party mode.

Final Analysis

10% of the time have some fun. 90% of the time be responsible, eat well and get back into the Keto and Fasting routine.

21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program

If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.

I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.

However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.

You can find the Workbook here… It comes in a downloadable version HERE…

MEDICAL DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.

(Visited 8,077 times, 5 visits today)