Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
So many uses for Fathead Dough
After I roll out the dough between two sheets of oiled parchment paper I use pizza cutter to make small rectangles for each hot dogs. I eye ball it, but usually get about 7-8 Fathead Pigs in a Blanket from one batch.
I used an “everything but the bagel” seasoning, but you can top with sesame seeds or rock salt or nothing at all. Simply sprinkle your Fathead Pigs in a Blanket just before they go in the oven.
Pulled from the freezer
I like to make a batch of these Fathead Pigs in a Blanket and let them cool. Then I pop them in the freezer to reheat at a later time. When you’re in a pinch it’s nice to have a ready made meal on hand. Also great for kid and work lunches.
- Low Sugar Ketchup
- Spicy Mayo
- Low Sugar Relish
Add jalapeño, cheese or grilled onions right inside the blanket BEFORE you bake for a change. It’s like a surprise!!!
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, dried optional
2 sheets of parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In microwave safe bowl place mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high. Take out and stir. Put back in microwave for 30 seconds, then stir again. Depending on your microwave you will may need an additional 30-60 seconds until all melted and combined.
- Take cheese out of microwave and stir in the almond flour and egg until it forms into a sticky ball of dough.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on counter and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Place ball of dough in middle of bottom parchment paper. Oil a second sheet of parchment paper and place face down on top. Flatten down with your palm.
- Then with a rolling pin (or something heavy and round) roll out dough into a 1/4″-1/2″ thickness in between the two sheets of parchment paper. When you have your desired thickness and shape peel off the top sheet of parchment paper.
- Once you have this sheet of dough you can decide what you want to make…pizza, pigs in a blanket, calzones, etc.
Macro calculations do NOT include the values for the hot dogs. Because I do not know which hot dogs you will use you must calculate this on your own. I use Hebrew National All Beef Hot Dogs. They’re the best quality and flavor in my book!
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.