Keto Chocolate Truffles
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I find that I can quickly satisfy as sweet craving when I have a small treat on hand like my Keto Chocolate Truffles. These are not hard to make and require only a few ingredients.
Even kids can help make this low card dessert!
Roll your truffle
My favorite way to finish off this little treat is to roll each ball in unsweetened coconut. However, these Keto Truffles can be rolled in crushed nuts or in unsweetened cocoa powder for variety.
And BTW…any nuts will do.
Any way you chose to finish off your treats they all are wonderful and freeze well for a little treat to be on hand should you be called to have a sweet but want to stay in ketosis.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making Keto Truffles are really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me. Meal prep and I almost always cook at home…that’s the trick.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic. However, when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.
Lily’s brand Stevia sweetened chocolate chips is what I use almost exclusively. There are many other brand on the market like Lakanto or Choc Zero. Whatever you can find and whatever you like best will work in this recipe for Keto Truffles.
I like to buy Lily’s in bulk on amazon and have them delivered right to my door. It’s nice to keep a stash and they come with a discount when I buy this way.
- 3 tbsp coconut finely shredded
- Using a whisk stir together the melted chocolate chips with the warm cream and melted butter. Depending on the power of your microwave you may have to put your bowl back into the microwave for more time. If this is the case, do shorter spurts of time of 10-15 seconds in the microwave until all chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate truffle mixture is solid in the bowl remove from the fridge. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill a small bowl with the shredded coconut and set aside.
- Using a small scooper (or a small spoon) scoop small balls of chocolate truffle mixture and place on lined parchment paper. You should get about 22 chocolate truffles.
- Dampen your hands with the tiniest amount of water. Take each scoop of chocolate and roll in the palms of your hands. Once your ball is formed and round roll in the shredded coconut. Place the rolled truffles back on the parchment paper until all truffles have been rolled and covered in coconut.
- Place truffles back in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up again.
- Once truffles are solid you can store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 2 weeks.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.