Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Banana Extract is the trick
It’s a simple swap and an easy way for me to get my banana fix.
Keto Popsicle Tips
It’s always fun to be handed a perfectly shaped Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles. A low carb treat straight from the freezer on a hot summer day. I actually get a skip in my step. It’s extra special when I pull out of the freezer something that looks like store bought.
Professional looking fudgesicle or popsicle molds don’t take up a ton of space in your freezer. Once your pops are frozen solid store your Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles out of the molds and in a ziploc.
The Popsicle Molds
I have a silicone mold and a metal/plastic fudgesicle or popsicle mold.
Both versions work well. I prefer the silicone mold (to the plastic mold) as I can peel back the sides of the fudgesicle or popsicle.
Either version is inexpensive and easily found at Target or on Amazon at this link. They range from ($12-30). You can use them over and over and over again for your Keto Fudgesicles, Creamsicles and Popsicles in any flavor imaginable.
For a small investment in the molds ($12-18) you can wash them and reuse them. So many flavors to be made and stored in your freezer.
Not just Strawberry Banana flavor
- Original Fudgesicle
- Chocolate Mint Fudgesicle
- Chocolate Banana Fudgesicle
- Chocolate Coconut Fudgesicle
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudgesicle
- Coffee Cream Popsicle
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Popsicle
- Strawberry Cream Popsicle
- Strawberry Banana Popsicle
- Blueberry Lemon Cream Popsicle
- Cranberry Orange Cream Popsicle
- Piña Colada Popsicle
- Banana Cream Popsicle
- Strawberry Lemonade Cream Popsicle
- Raspberry Lime Cream Popsicle
- Root Beer Float Popsicle
However…you don’t need fancy fudgesicle or popsicle molds! Any small paper dixie cup will work just fine. Sometimes I even prefer the small paper cups to the molds as they are smaller serving size and there’s no clean up.
The molds typically come with a cover to hold the stick in place. If you are using paper cups simply wait until your mixture is slightly frozen. Place a fudgesicle or popsicle stick in the center of the slushy cup. If the stick still falls to the side you can wait a little longer for your slush to get a little thicker.
To unmold your Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles from the plastic molds simply set the mold out on the counter for 5-7 minutes. If you can not wait then dip the mold in warm water for 30 seconds to a minute and then slide a fudgesicle or popsicles out.
The silicone molds are slightly easier as you gently peel back the sides and give them a tug every couple seconds to see if they’re loose yet. We don’t want to soften them any more than absolutely necessary.
If the stick comes out before the fudgesicle or popsicle is fully frozen then they just weren’t frozen enough…and that really sucks! You’ll want to freeze your Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles at least overnight, but preferably a full 24 hours just to be certain they’re hard enough to unmold.
Trust me…there is nothing more sad than having part of your slush still at the bottom of the mold.
The cool thing about using the little paper dixie cups is that there is no unmolding to be done. Simply remove your cup from the freezer and tear away the paper cup to enjoy. I use a small knife or a pair of scissors to make a small cut in the top of the cup and then tear away. Easy peasy!
If you use the molds there is another step in the process before you can enjoy your Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles and creamsicles. After I unmold all of the fudgesicles and popsicles and I place them on the tray.
Freezing and Storage
I refreeze them for 10 minutes out of their molds before putting them in a freezer bag. You can also separate them in their freezer bags by placing extra strips of parchment paper in between each pop.
Plastic freezer bags (gallon sized ziploc bags) ensure that your popsicles don’t pick up the flavor or smell of anything else in your freezer. No one likes the taste of a Keto Strawberry Banana Pops with a hint of enchilada casserole, right?
This extra step ensures that any melting/softening that happens when you unmold them doesn’t mess up their shapes . The parchment paper in between each pop as you place in the freezer bag keeps the fudgesicles and popsicles separated.
I would be remiss…
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a 1:1 program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like these Keto Strawberry Banana Popsicles. You will still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook. Follow along at your own pace to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat add cream, low carb sweetener and mashed strawberries. Whisk all together to combine. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a steady simmer for 1-2 minutes or until mixture starts to slightly thicken.
- *Optional……Use a hand immersion blender or transfer to a blender to blend all together and puree the mixture.
- Set aside the strawberry banana mixture to cool on counter for a few mins. You will want to have the strawberry banana mixture in a container (like a large measuring cup) to easily pour into your popsicle molds.
- Pour strawberry banana mixture into each mold (traditional popsicle mold or dixie cups).
- Cover and place wooden popsicle stick in each pop. (Cover with foil before you place the wooden sticks if your mold doesn’t come with a cover…then stick the sticks through the foil to hold them in place).
- Freeze Strawberry Banana Cream Popsicles for at least 24 hours or more.
- Depending on your molds either run mold under warm water to loosen your Strawberry Banana Popsicle. If you use paper cups just pull straight from the freezer and tear paper away from your pop.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making treats like these Strawberry Banana Popsicle is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources