Keto Jalapeno Cheese Bread
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Jalapeno Cheese Bread
- almond flour
- oat fiber
- mozzarella cheese
- cream cream
- cheddar cheese
- garlic powder
- baking powder
Oat Fiber is not something you will find regularly at any supermarket. However, t is easily found on amazon and not expensive. This ingredient is used in small amounts for texture only, as there is not taste to it.
You can omit the oat fiber completely, but you will lessen the soft, fluffy, bread-like texture. Still tastes great, but the oat fiber is for texture in the Jalapeno Cheese Bread.
I use an 8×8″ baking pan lined with parchment paper for this Keto Jalapeno Cheese Bread. The parchment paper is mostly for ease of taking the whole bread out of the pan and ease of slicing.
This bread is slightly thicker than my Keto Focaccia Bread, so I go a little longer in the oven to make sure the center is fully cooked.
This Keto Jalapeno Cheese Bread stores beautifully in the fridge or freezer. I place my leftovers in a plastic zip bag and pop in the fridge for up to a week.
Reheating is a simple zap in the microwave or in the oven for the last few minutes of your dinner casserole baking in the oven.
Loads of success with Accountability Coaching
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Jalapeno Cheese Bread and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 8×8" baking with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and repeat microwave for 30 seconds increments or until both are fully melted. Stir together to form a melted cheesy mixture.
- Add the almond flour, oat fiber, salt, pepper, garlic powder, most of the sliced jalapeno and baking powder in the melted cheese mixture. Mix together to fully combine the cheese with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the 2 beaten eggs, then mix into the dry ingredients. Make sure the ingredients are fully mixed for a more consistent dough. The dough will be sticky.
- Oil or wet your hands and press the dough in an 8×8" baking tin lined with parchment paper. Spread it out evenly through with your hands.
- Press the remaining sliced jalapenos intermittently all over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the dough has firmed up and cheese has browned slightly on top. My oven is 30 solid minutes. Allow your Jalapeno Cheese bread to cool slightly before cutting into 12 pieces.
- Serve with lunch or dinner as a side to your salad. This Jalapeno Cheese Bread can also be used to make sandwiches.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making side dishes like this Jalapeno Cheese Bread is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources