Keto Strawberry Pie
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The crust in your Keto Strawberry Pie is simple blend of almond flour, melted butter, granular low carb sweetener and a pinch of salt. I like to melt the butter in the microwave in 20 second increments.
Once the butter is melted I add the other ingredients to the bowl. Using a fork, fluff together the butter with the dry ingredients. Make sure to get all the butter from the bottom and work all the crust ingredients together.
The crust mixture for your Keto Strawberry Pie should resemble a coarse wet crumble.
Press the crumb mixture into your pan up the sides and evenly along the bottom of the dish. Place the dish in the freezer while you perform the other steps of this recipe.
Pie Dish vs. Springform Pan
Depending on what I making this dessert for, I use either a large pie dish or a 9″ springform pan. I personally like the large 9.5″ glass pie dish for this Keto Strawberry Pie. The pie dish is easy to store in my freezer and super easy to transport to a party.
A springform pan is equally as easy to use. I do think that the presentation gives more of a cheesecake look and a real show stopper.
Both pans are equally interchangeable when making your Keto Strawberry Pie. However, please note that smaller pie tins will be too small for the amount of filling called for in this recipe.
The Whipped Cream Step
You want the whipped cream to form stiff peaks and become thick enough to stick to a spoon.
Once you have stiff peaks you will turn off your mixer and set the whipped cream to the side.
The Strawberry Step
I like to use frozen starwberries, but fresh are perfectly fine to use as well.
Pro tip here…Place whole strawberries in a measuring cup to reach 2 cups called for in this recipe. But then you will mash those berries with the back of a fork. Once the berries are fully mashed and broken down you will find that you have about 1 cup of a chunky strawberry mix. Set those aside for a sec.
In a separate clean bowl place the softened cream cheese and the sweetener. Using the handmixer cream together the cream cheese and Allulose. Add in the mashed strawberries and melted butter.
Continue to blend the strawberries and cream cheese mixture with the handmixer until fully blended into a beautiful pink fruity mixture.
Fold It In…
Using a rubber spatula, take half of the stiff whipped cream and fold it into the strawberry cream cheese mixture.
This is a gentle swirl of the rubber spatula to fully incorporate the two mixtures.
You will be reserving the other have of the stiff whipped cream for use later.
Remove the crust from the freezer and spoon the pink strawberry mixture evenly into the crust.
Using the back of your rubber spatula, smooth the top of the Keto Strawberry Pie all the way to the edges.
Gently spoon the stiff whipped cream on top of the strawberry filling. Again, gently smooth the whipped cream over the strawberry mix.
I like to move the whipped cream to within half an inch of the crumb crust as to show the pink strawberry mixture underneath.
Carefully place the Keto Strawberry Pie into the freezer for at least a few hours, but best over night.
After the pie is in the freezer for about an hour and starting to freeze I like to loosely cover with plastic wrap. This helps to protect against picking up any other flavors in your freezer.
The Keto Strawberry Pie can be stored whole or in individual pieces in your freezer for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to store for longer periods of time in airtight containers.
This Keto Strawberry pie serves straight from the freezer with a wonderful frozen/ice cream/cheesecake texture.
Another option is to slice your pie onto individual plates. Then place your already cut into slices on their plates the counter for up to 30 minutes. The slices will softened to a soft and pudding like consistency.
Enjoy as your Keto Strawbery Pie as you like.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Keto Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this recipe for Keto Strawberry Pie and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Click HERE find the 21 day Keto Guide Workbook on Amazon…
You can find the downloadable Keto workbook version at a discount here…
- strawberries for topping sliced, optional
- Mix together the almond flour melted butter low carb sweetener. Using a fork fluff together the crust to make sure and tell it resembles a crumble.
- Press crust mixture into large 9.5" pie dish or springform pan. Set aside in the fridge or freezer.
- Using the same electric mixer whip together the softened cream cheese, Allulose, 2 tbsp melted butter until creamy smooth. Then mix in the mashed strawberries.
- Take half the stiff whipped cream and fold it into the strawberry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the two together until fully combined.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into the crust. Smooth top of strawberry layer. Take the remaining stiff whipped cream and gently top strawberry with the cream mixture.
- Smooth the whipped cream to a decorative top for your pie.
- Place pie in the freezer for at least a few hours but overnight is best.
- Place sliced strawberries decoratively on top of the whipped cream topping.
- Serve straight from the freezer or let sit on the counter for up to 30 minutes for a softer texture.
- *Allulose produces the best texture for the peanut butter part of this pie, therefore I recommend not subbing this ingredient.