Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Low Carb Bread…Say what?
That’s right. It’s Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread! This low carb bread is a great substitute for the Italian bread basket.
Mind you that you can not eat the entire keto bread basket! Having a piece or two is better than none. So enjoy, but be mindful.
Kinda like Fathead
My low carb Rosemary Focaccia Bread base is similar to the well known and favorite Fathead dough. The magical mix of mozzarella and cream cheese. First melted and then mixed with almond flour and egg.
First change in our keto bread is that we add OAT FIBER and the other change is that we add baking powder.
Oat Fiber, NOT OAT FLOUR
I REPEAT……THIS IS NOT OAT FLOUR.
Oat Fiber comes from the hulls removed from the oat grain. The hulls are then ground up to form a fine powder. This powder helps to give a bread-like texture to your Rosemary Focaccia Bread.
I use a cookie sheet and press the Rosemary Focaccia Bread out to the corners of the pan. You can use a 9×11 or 9×13″ casserole dish as well.
I like to use parchment paper for easy lift out of the pan and easy clean up.
Mix ins or Variations
Sometimes I like to add in 1/2 cup of chopped kalamata olives. The saltiness and the textures of the olives gives this low carb Rosemary Focaccia Bread nice taste and texture.
You can also completely change this recipe up by adding chopped jalapenos to the dough and sprinkling cheddar on top. This way it’s nice with chili or a Mexican chicken stew.
Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread stores nicely in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days or the freezer for a few weeks.
Pin this idea for later!
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 9×11" casserole dish or baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with oil. Set aside.
- Place the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir and repeat microwave for 30 seconds increments or until both are melted.
- Add in the 2 beaten eggs, then mix in the dry ingredients. OPTIONAL-add in chopped kalamata olives here. Make sure the ingredients are fully mixed for a more consistent dough. The dough will be sticky.
- Oil your hands and press the dough in an 9×11" baking dish or baking sheet. Spread it out evenly through with your hands.
- Press dimples intermittently all over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the dough has firmed up and cheese has browned slightly on top. My oven is 18 solid minutes. Allow your focaccia bread to cool slightly before cutting into 15 pieces.
- Serve with lunch or dinner as a side to your salad. This Focaccia Bread can also be used to make sandwiches.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Cauliflower Cheese Casserole and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making side dishes like this Keto Rosemary Focaccia Bread is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources