Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
A classic made healthier
Growing up it was such a treat to pop open that can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and in minutes of being in the oven the whole house smelled of doughy sweetness.
My Keto Cinnamon rolls have just blown that memory away.
I have seen numerous Fat Head recipes floating around Pinterest and Instagram and I decided to get in on the act. This dough is so versatile that it can go sweet or savory…from Pepperoni Pizza to Raspberry Cheese Danishes.
You only need a little
This Keto Cinnamon Rolls recipe makes 8 or so small rolls. Just one (or two) fit the bill when you want to have a Sunday morning treat. At about 2g net carbs per roll you can have one and still not wreck your day.
The trick is to only have one or two. You don’t need the whole pan of Keto Cinnamon Rolls! By the way…they freeze really well, too. Simply freeze UNFROSTED. Then thaw to room temp and maybe pop them in a 200* oven for 15 mins to warm…then frost.
Making these little guys…
This recipe is similar as all my other Fat Head recipes, but I subbed out the garlic powder and herbs. I also add more almond flour and a little baking powder for a slight rise to the dough. And… I use Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener with the cinnamon to sweeten.
Making Fat Head dough about once a week for one thing or another has become a staple in my house. I even have a rectangle sheet frozen and ready for a quick pizza dinner if I need to move fast.
Fat Head Recipes
Skip the frosting
You don’t even really need frosting on these Keto Cinnamon Rolls. They are certainly delicious with or without the extra sweetness.
The Ex-Husband’s opinion
Normally I don’t mention the ex, but I have to speak up here. I dropped off some of these Keto Cinnamon Rolls to my older daughter living at her father’s apartment.
Got a text not 20 minutes later…”Mama, Papa thinks you should sell these. He can not believe you didn’t use flour or sugar to make these. He says they’re restaurant quality!”
So there you go 🙂
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Fat Head Dough
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese low moisture, part-skim
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour divided
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 sheets of parchment paper
- 1/2 tsp olive oil spray or drizzle
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener POWDERED
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In microwave melt together mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. In 30-60 second increments heat the cheeses, stirring in between until fully melted.
- In food processor place add melted cheese, egg, almond flour, and baking powder. Pulse in the food processor to fully combine for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Take out and place in plastic wrap and form into a disk. Chill for about 1 hour.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on counter and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Place ball of dough in middle of bottom parchment paper. Oil a second sheet of parchment paper and place face down on top.
- Flatten down in between the two sheets of parchment paper with your palm.
- Then with a rolling pin (or something heavy and round) roll out dough into 1/2" thickness in between the two sheets of parchment paper. Shape should be a large rectangle.
- When you have your desired thickness and shape peel off the top sheet of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine soft butter, cinnamon, and sweetener with a fork. Spread the cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
- Using the parchment paper to lift an edge of the dough, carefully roll the rectangle from the long side and using the bottom parchment paper to lift and roll. Once fully rolled you will have a perfect round log.
- Slice your roll into equal pieces. I get about 8 rolls from one log. Place rolls cinnamon side up into a parchment lined baking sheet. You can place then all together touching or spread them out.
- Place loaf pan into 350* oven for 15 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- In a small bowl mash together melted butter, POWDERED sweetener. Drizzle in heavy cream (about 2 tbsp) to your desired consistency.
- When the cinnamon rolls have cooled a bit, frost your rolls and let the warmth of the rolls melt the frosting a bit.
- Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like these Keto Cinnamon Rolls is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…easy meal prep and I almost always cook at home. I like to use emeals.com to help me plan, too.
Here are a few articles I wrote about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources