The inspiration and the ORIGINAL CPK PIZZA
I remember when California Pizza Kitchen came on to the scene and it was all the rage. It was 1985 and I was 15 yrs old with spiky bangs and HUGE shoulder pads. We were all about trying to be too cool All.The.Time…(insert eye roll). When this eatery opened up it was new-fresh-different and we just couldn’t get enough of it.
With super funky pizza combos like BLT Pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza and Thai Chicken Pizza our heads were spinning. Started by 2 attorneys, it grew to be a well loved chain restaurant all over the country very quickly.
Although this Thai Chicken Fathead pizza is a ‘3 recipe’ recipe it’s actually really simple to throw together. First I make the Thai Peanut Sauce from my keto friendly recipe here…
Then I set that peanut sauce aside and I make the Fathead Pizza Dough using my favorite recipe here….
Then it’s simply assembling the pizza for a quick bake.
Fathead Pizza Dough
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1 cup chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup peanuts roasted and chopped
- ½ cup cilantro fine chop
- Preheat oven to 425* with pizza stone in oven (pizza stone is not necessary, but it sure is awesome)…cookie sheet will work just fine.
- In microwave safe bowl place mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high. Take out and stir. Put back in microwave for 30 seconds, then stir again. Depending on your microwave you will may need an additional 30-60 seconds until all melted and combined.
- While the cheese is in the microwave mix together the room temperature egg, almond flour, salt and garlic powder. Take cheese out of microwave and stir in room temperature egg and almond flour mixture until it forms into a sticky ball of dough.
- Mix melted cheese mixture and almond flour mixture until FULLY combined. You may use your hands at this point, but I find it best to press the dough with a firm rubber spatula against the side of the bowl.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on counter and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil. Place ball of dough in middle of bottom parchment paper. Wet your clean hands and press the ball of dough with your damp hands into a pizza shape. I like a rectangle shape for this pizza for ease of serving.
- Oil a second sheet of parchment paper and place face down on top. Flatten down with your palm, then with a rolling pin (or something heavy and round) roll out dough into a pizza rectangle in between the two sheets of parchment paper.
- When you have your desired thickness and shape peel off the TOP sheet of parchment paper. I like mine super thin, but be careful it doesn’t stick. You will be baking this pizza on the bottom sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake the base for 10 minutes in 425* oven. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the Thai Peanut Sauce and set aside
- While the dough was cooking shred your chicken, chop the peanuts, slice the scallion, shredded the carrot and chop the cilantro. Set aside all those toppings.
Assemble the Pizza for the Oven
- Spread 1 cup of peanut sauce over entire dough base. Then spread chicken, cheese, scallions, carrots and bean sprouts EVENLY over the peanut sauce.
- Slide pizza back into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Cut pizza into 8-10 large slices. You may need a fork and knife to eat, but we like it messy. Enjoy!