Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
California Pizza Kitchen Classic
I grew up in Southern California during the infancy stages of this long time favorite national chain restaurant. California Pizza Kitchen in the 80s and early 90s was special and innovative.
The idea of putting BBQ sauce and chicken on a pizza was just crazy talk.
However, it worked and the rest is history.
I knew I need to recreate this recipe in a low carb version. The original CPK BBQ Chicken pizza is 24g net carbs per slice!!
Sure, you can make this pizza with Fathead dough. It’s absolutely delicious with Fathead dough, but this version of Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza is so much easier…and equally as delicious.
The crust of this keto pizza is actually the chicken. Ground chicken mixed with some seasoning, parmesan cheese, and 2 eggs is super easy to whip up.
Mix and mash the chicken and then smear it into a large rectangle onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
You can also use this chicken pizza crust base for any pizza you desire. Try Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Thai Chicken Pizza, or just traditional cheese pizza. Lots of variety and options.
Low Carb BBQ Sauce
There are so many varieties and brands of low carb BBQ sauce available on the market today. I tend to use G. Hughes brand or Primal Kitchen.
You decide which low carb or no sugar brand you want to use. They are available at most regular supermarkets and they are delicious. Be sure to read the ingredients AND nutrition information.
Most low carb BBQ sauce is about 2g net carbs per 2 tablespoons.
This Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe calls for 4tbsp of low carb bbq, but use less or more to your liking.
Every oven is a little bit different. Preheat your oven to 400°. Then bake the chicken crust for about 25 to 30 minutes. I check my pizza crust at about 25 minutes and then usually go for the full 30 minutes.
I may even turn the oven to broil towards just to get a slight crust on the top of my pizza base.
Once you have baked the pizza crust remove it from the oven. At this time you will add to your barbecue sauce, cheese, and sliced red onion.
Place your pizza back into the 400° oven for 1 to 4 minutes. You may even want to broil for 1 to 2 minutes just to get the cheese nice and bubbly. Remove the pizza from the oven and then sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro.
This keto barbecue chicken pizza stores beautifully in the fridge. I like to place my leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 1 to 3 days.
Gently reheat your leftover pizza in the microwave, or just eat it cold.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Keto BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 tbsp low carb barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the ground chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix and mash together until it forms a wet though.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out the chicken mixture into a large rectangle. This chicken base should be roughly 10” wide by 12” long.
- Bake the chicken crust in a 400° oven for about 30 minutes. Remove chicken crust from the oven and smear 2 to 4 tablespoons of low carb barbecue sauce all over the chicken base.
- Spread 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over the barbecue sauce. Sprinkle sliced red onions all over the top of the cheese.
- Place your barbecue chicken pizza back into the 400° oven for 2 to 4 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil for 1 to 2 minutes to brown and crisp the cheese and onions.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle the top of your barbecue chicken pizza with fresh chopped cilantro. Slice into eight pieces and serve.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.