This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Smashed Brussel Sprouts
This delightful Keto friendly Smashed Brussel Sprouts can be a lovely side dish or serve as the main dish to a vegetarian meal.
Boil & Smash
Smear with Mayo
Bake & Broil
The smashed Brussel Sprouts are essentially cooked at this point. However, we want to take it to the next level of goodness.
Simply place in the 375* for about 15 minutes to fully melt all together.
At the end of cook time turn the oven to broil and brown/crisp the cheese for 1-3 minutes.
This recipe stores and reheats beautifully from the fridge. I have had these in my fridge for up to 4 days and then reheated in the microwave for a quick side dish for dinner or a lunch on the run.
Keto Accountability Coaching
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting you may need someone like me to hold you accountable. I have a one on one program. Click on this link for The Kellie Kitchen Keto Accountability Coaching Program.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
The DIY Keto WorkBook
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Click HERE find the 21 day Keto Guide Workbook on Amazon…
You can find the downloadable Keto workbook version at a discount here…
Smashed Brussel Sprouts
- 1 ½ lb brussel sprouts ends trimmed
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ½ cup cheese shredded cheddar mix
- Preheat oven to 375*
- FIll a large stockpot with water and 1 tbsp salt to a boil. While water is coming to a boil, trim the woody/hard stem ends off the brussel sprouts. For sprouts larger than a golf ball you will cut them in half through the stem to keep the sprout half intact.
- Place trimmed sprouts into boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain the sprouts from the salted water and then transfer to a baking/casserole dish. Using a flat bottom glass gently smash each sprout.
- Sprinkle the entire casserole dish over the smashed brussel sprouts with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.Then, using a butter knife, place/smear a small amount of mayo on top of each of the smashed sprouts. Next, top each smashed sprout with a little bit of shredded cheese.
- Place casserole dish in 375* oven for 15 minutes. After the initial cook time, turn to the oven to broil for 1-3 minutes to brown and crisp the cheese.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.