Jalapeño Cheese Muffins~Low Carb & EASY!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A Savory Jalapeño Cheese Muffin
I came across a recipe on one of my favorite sites called AllDayIDreamAboutFood.com for Cheddar Jalapeño Muffins that are an absolute home run.
I altered the recipe slightly by adding pepper jack cheese and also substituting cream and water instead of the almond milk to fit my needs. My Jalapeño Cheese Muffins were fantastic, too!
Here’s the thing…I don’t really miss bread all that often on this low carb lifestyle. However there are those rare times that I’d like a little roll or piece of bread to go with my soup or salad.
This Jalapeño Cheese Muffin recipe completely fits the bill. It’s warm and savory and dense. Perfect to sop up the final scraping in my bowl of chili or the dressing in my salad.
I love a good spicy dish, but truth be told I was always a little afraid of working with chiles. Having never really felt very comfortable with the exact heat and spiciness level I was getting into I decided to just avoid jalapeños all together.
Much to my pleasant surprise, jalapeño chiles are quite mild. Then the final product of Jalapeño Cheese Muffins comes together in a savory and hearty muffin with just the right amount of flavor and just a little heat.
I start out making Jalapeño Cheese Muffins by sifting together the dry ingredients in a single bowl. Then just toss in all the wet ingredients and give it a good stir….making sure all the cheese and jalapeños get mixed into the wet and dry ingredients.
The batter of the Jalapeño Cheese Muffins should be slightly thick and not runny. However, if the batter is like cookie dough thick you need to add a splash of cream and a splash of water to thin slightly.
Muffin Tin & Liners
A little something happens in keto baking that may or may not be a well known fact. If you don’t already know this take this as fair warning…use parchment paper muffin cups or silicone muffin cups.
There’s nothing worse than having half your Jalapeño Cheese Muffins stick to the pan or the paper. Believe me when I tell you that you will thank me. The parchment paper peels off so easily. Hallelujah!!!
Favorite soups to serve with your muffins
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting you may need someone like me to hold you accountable. I have a one on one program. Click on this link for The Kellie Kitchen Keto Accountability Coaching Program.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
The DIY Keto WorkBook
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Click HERE find the 21 day Keto Guide Workbook on Amazon…
You can find the downloadable Keto workbook version at a discount here…
- 2 medium jalapeños divided
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded for topping
- 4 eggs large
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ¼-½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325* and line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper liners (not simple paper as these muffins will stick).
- Slice 12 very thin slices of jalapeño and set aside. Remove stem of the remaining jalapeño and finely chop the rest of the jalapeño. I leave the seeds in as they add just enough heat to the recipe. Set aside the chopped jalapeño.
- In a large glass bowl sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Toss in the shredded Jalapeño cheese and the chopped jalapeños, then stir into the flour mixture.
- To the flour mixture you will now add in the melted butter, cream, eggs and water. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together to form a batter. The batter will be slightly thick as these are dense muffins.
- Divide batter evenly into the parchment paper muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin top first with a small amount of the shredded cheddar and then with a single jalapeño slice.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 325* oven. Test with a toothpick to check for doneness as these muffins are quite dense and oven temperatures can vary slightly. If they need more time keep them in the oven for a few minutes longer.
- Remove and enjoy. These muffins are great hot out of the oven, but also keep well in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for a few days.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like these Jalapeño Cheese Muffins is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources