- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, large chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower about 4-6 cups, chopped
- 6-8 cups kale stemmed and shredded
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz can petite diced tomatoes No juice, use just the chunks
- In large stock pot heat 3 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp butter. Saute onion, garlic and spicy sausage until onion is translucent.
- Toss in cauliflower and kale with the onion and sausage. Then add the balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When kale has wilted and cauliflower has begun to slightly soften pour in chicken broth…enough to your liking depending on how brothy you like your soup. I use closer to 8 cups to stretch the recipe.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Open can of petite diced tomatoes and drain out some of the juice….then spoon out chunks of tomato into the soup. Continue to simmer until the tomatoes are heated through.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 1129mg | Potassium: 601mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 68.8% | Vitamin C: 95.4% | Calcium: 8.9% | Iron: 10%
Tried this recipe?Tag it on Instagram! #thekelliekitchen
(Visited 231 times, 1 visits today)