It’s hearty and broth-y and a little spicy and filled with tons of vegetables and chunks of sausage meat. Sausage Kale and Cauliflower Soup is great made in a huge batch and then freeze in batches because….I’m telling you its awesome to pull this outta the freezer and BAM-dinner is served.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, large chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower about 4-6 cups, chopped
- 8 cups kale stemmed and shredded
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz can petite diced tomatoes No juice, use just the chunks
- In large stock pot heat 3 tbsp oil. Saute onion, garlic and spicy sausage until onion is translucent.
- Toss in cauliflower and kale with the onion and sausage. Then add the balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When kale has wilted and cauliflower has begun to slightly soften pour in chicken broth…enough to your liking depending on how brothy you like your soup. I use closer to 8 cups to stretch the recipe.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Open can of petite diced tomatoes and drain out some of the juice….then spoon out chunks of tomato into the soup. Continue to simmer until the tomatoes are heated through.