This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s hearty and broth-y and a little spicy and filled with tons of vegetables and chunks of sausage meat. Sausage Kale and Cauliflower Soup is great made in a huge batch and then freeze in batches because….I’m telling you its awesome to pull this outta the freezer and BAM-dinner is served.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb spicy Italian sausage pre-cooked, chopped
- 1 cup yellow onion, large chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower about 4-6 cups, chopped
- 8 cups kale stemmed and shredded
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz can petite diced tomatoes No juice, use just the chunks
- In large stock pot heat 3 tbsp oil. Saute onion, garlic and spicy sausage until onion is translucent.
- Toss in cauliflower and kale with the onion and sausage. Then add the balsamic vinegar. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When kale has wilted and cauliflower has begun to slightly soften pour in chicken broth…enough to your liking depending on how brothy you like your soup. I use closer to 8 cups to stretch the recipe.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Open can of petite diced tomatoes and drain out some of the juice….then spoon out chunks of tomato into the soup. Continue to simmer until the tomatoes are heated through.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like this Sausage Kale Cauliflower Soup is really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic. However, when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.