This is a great soup to use all your leftover Mexican Chicken, but you could also just shred a rotisserie chicken bought from the store…seriously, whatever is easier. Sometimes I even throw in raw chicken and then shred when the soup is at the end of it’s slow cooker time.
When I make the Chicken Enchilada Soup I usually double the recipe and then freeze 2-4 cups of that chicken for this soup.
This is a chunky chili style soup that’s so hearty and filling. Serve this with a caesar salad or a simple garden side salad. And of course this freezes beautifully for dinner or lunches another time.
- 4 cups chicken, cooked Mexican Crockpot Chicken recipe here or store bought rotisserie chicken shredded
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz black olives, sliced
- 1 cup celery large chop
- 12 oz salsa Pace Picante is my brand
- 1 taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 oz green chiles canned, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro fresh and chopped
Dump all soup ingredients into slow cooker on high for 3 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Dump all soup ingredients into slow cooker on high for 3 hours or low for 8 hours.