Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
If you have been living a low carb Keto lifestyle you may have tried Fathead Dough. This recipe for Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza is a newer, lower carb, and EASIER version of a keto pizza.
This recipe gets you that special pizza without having to make a special dough.
Making a special pizza dough may seem daunting for people as they get started cooking keto meals. The chicken in this recipe is the actual crust!
Originally inspired by Maria Emmerich, this pizza crust uses simply ground chicken to create the base for the pizza.
Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce is pretty much the gold standard in buffalo wing sauce. It’s delicious and can be drizzled on salads or used as a dip for so many meals.
In this recipe I smear buffalo sauce right on the cooked chicken crust.
You can also use buffalo sauce mixed with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce for your pizza. I like to mix ranch and buffalo sauce together for a spicy and tangy dip for my Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
I get a lot of flack for using so much cheese while living and eating low carb. Believe, I get it! I’m a cheese lover and have no issues with cheese. However, some people have issues with cheese and want to cut back.
So…another great thing about this recipe for Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza is that it’s lower dairy.
Using chicken as the base greatly cuts back on the dairy. Then your toppings can be as much or as little cheese as you desire.
Ground chicken is sort of the forgotten ground meat. There’s no much flavor as compared to beef, sausage, or turkey.
However, using the ground chicken as the base of this recipe with many flavors on top has made ground chicken a go-to meat in our kitchen.
On a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet spread the chicken mixture into a large rectangle. The parchment paper makes for easy slicing, serving and clean up.
Is it necessary? For me…yes. However, if you would rather just bake the Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza right on the baking sheet then you can skip the parchment paper.
Once the chicken crust is spread on your parchment lined baking sheet, but before you add any toppings, you will bake the crust at 400* for about 20 minutes.
At the 20 minute mark I then turn the oven to broil and let the chicken crust brown up for 1-2 minutes under the broiler.
Melt It All Together
Once the crust has been cooked and you have added the Buffalo sauce plus all the other toppings then you can bake it all again for a few minutes to melt the cheese and cook the onions.
Really everything is already cooked once you get to this point, so you really only need to melt the mozzarella and blue cheese together on the Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza.
If there’s any pizza left…haha. This chicken crust pizza stores well in the fridge for up to 2 days. Simply wrap the pizza in plastic wrap or in an airtight container to store in the fridge.
Eat your leftover pizza cold or gently reheat in the microwave.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 4 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing optional, but highly suggested
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together the ground chicken, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix and mash together until it forms a wet though.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread out the chicken mixture into a large rectangle. This chicken base should be roughly 10” wide by 12” long.
- Bake the chicken crust in a 400° oven for about 30 minutes. Remove chicken crust from the oven and smear 2 to 4 tablespoons of low carb buffalo sauce all over the chicken base.
- Spread shredded mozzarella cheese and crumbled blue cheese over the buffalo sauce. Sprinkle sliced red onions all over the top of the cheese.
- Place your buffalo chicken pizza back into the 400° oven for 2 to 4 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil for 1 to 2 minutes to brown and crisp the cheese and onions.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Sprinkle the top of your Keto Buffalo Chicken Pizza with fresh chopped parsley. Slice into eight pieces and serve.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.