Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There is never a better time to make this Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf. Rich and moist and chocolate-y zucchini bread is the perfect breakfast sub for eggs in the morning…or in the afternoon with a cup of tea.
End of Summer hits and you’re flooded with big beautiful zucchini. There’s so much zucchini going around I feel like I’m in a sea of this gorgeous green summer squash. And don’t get me wrong…I love zucchini. However, I need to constantly find new ways to use it all up.
I store (or always have on hand) all the ingredients for this Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf…except the zucchini.
- Almond Flour
- Low Carb Sweetener – Lakanto Monkfruit Classic
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Olive oil
- Low Carb Chocolate Chips
Baking Powder AND Soda
One of the things about Keto baking is that we have to get a little creative in our baking methods. The structure of the batter or dough make not bake exactly the same as in traditional baking. However, we do have some tricks to help the rising process.
With that in mind I use BOTH baking soda and baking powder to help the loaf to rise like a traditional sweet loaf.
The key for this to bake it through the center without drying it out. I set my oven to 350* and bake exactly 45 minutes. Depending on the size of your loaf pan and the way your oven works you may need to go up to 5 minutes longer.
Its always good to test your Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf in the center with a toothpick to check for doneness.
Also, if at the 20 minute mark you notice your loaf is starting to brown too much on top, then tent the loaf with a piece of tinfoil and continue baking.
This Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf is simply AWESOME warm from the oven. However, I like to slice the loaf into 10-12 slices total and store in the fridge for about 1 week or in the freezer for up to a month.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
You can find the work book here…
Keto Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup low carb sweetener granulated
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs large
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 zucchini medium, grated and squeeze out the moisture
- 1 cup low carb chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350*. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and toss with a fork to mix well. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix all together until a smooth batter forms.
- Fold in ¾ cups of the chocolate chips, leaving ¼ cup chocolate chips for the top of the loaf to be added after loaf comes out of the oven.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven. Pour remaining ¼ low carb chocolate chips over the top of the loaf and let cool in the pan completely, before slicing.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.