Summer time is the perfect time for a berry tart-like dessert. And these Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars are perfect for a backyard BBQ, afternoon snack or with your morning coffee.
When I think of summer desserts I usually go straight for red, white and blue stuff. And with 4th of July being smack dab in the middle of the summer I just naturally gravitate to strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream. I’m also always going to summer BBQs, so these Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars turn out to be perfect for any party.
One of the greatest things about this dessert (other than being super low carb at 4g net carbs per bar) is that I use frozen blueberries. Even in season, fresh blueberries can be expensive. Frozen organic blueberries tend to be very reasonably price especially because I use 4 cups of berries in this recipe.
I’m having a little obsession with Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener right now. I’ve never been a huge fan of pure Erythritol with the cooling feel to the mouth. So when I make these Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars I use Lakanto, which is a blend of Monkfruit and Erythritol with a 1:1 ratio of regular sugar…and almost no cooling effect.
You certainly can use your sweetener of choice, as everyone has their preference, but I’ve found that this has the right sweetness and baking quite beautifully.
A dollop of Tartness
Going Keto has completely changed my taste buds, so when I first had one of these Keto Blueberry Crumble Bars it was really a sweet treat. I added a generous dollop of plain full fat Greek yogurt for a beautiful texture and mouth feel. When you mix the creamy tartness with the sweet crumble it’s quite a combo. Of course you can add a scoop of homemade keto ice cream or hand whipped heavy cream, but this is so much easier…and really, the tartness makes it.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting you may need someone like me to hold you accountable. I have a one on one program. Click on this link for The Kellie Kitchen Keto Accountability Coaching Program.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
The DIY Keto WorkBook
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Click HERE find the 21 day Keto Guide Workbook on Amazon…
You can find the downloadable Keto workbook version at a discount here…
Dough and Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a 9×13 pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a clean bowl set the frozen blueberries on the counter to thaw a bit while you’re pulling together the other parts of this recipe.
- Add in lemon zest, butter and egg. Using a handheld pastry cutter (or a large heavy duty forcut the butter and egg into the dry flour mixture. This should take several minutes to cut the cold butter into the flour. When finished your mixture should be crumbly.
- Take half the crumble mixture and press into your 9×13 parchment lined baking dish. Set aside baking dish and other half of the crumble mixture.
- Pour the blueberry mixture over the press dough in your baking dish. Then using clean hands crumble the remaining flour/butter mixture to cover the blueberry layer in your dish.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes. Check for top browning towards the end of bake time to ensure you get just the right crispness.
- Remove from oven when blueberries are bubbling and too is slightly browned (or browned to your liking). Enjoy!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.