Cauliflower Leek Soup
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Servings: 10 Servings
- Trim each end of the leeks and thoroughly wash to remove all grit and dirt from inner leaves of the leeks. Chop the white and light green part of the leeks and set aside. Place a large heavy stockpot on the stove over medium heat. Add the butter to the stockpot to melt. Add the leeks and give a gentle stir.
- While the leeks are starting to soften chop the cauliflower into smallish pieces and add to the pot. Give a stir to coat the cauliflower and leeks with the butter.
- After about 3-4 minutes add the stock to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Sprinkle the glucomannan like pixie dust over the leeks and cauliflower. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is knife tender.
- Using an immersion blender carefully puree your soup in the heavy stockpot until fully blended and “creamy”.
- Taste for seasonings and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve and enjoy.
Calories: 52kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Tag it on Instagram! #thekelliekitchen
(Visited 494 times, 1 visits today)