This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chaffles…something so simple as shredded mild cheese mixed with a little egg miraculously turns into the best keto bread substitute. Chaffles are great for sandwiches or burgers or just on their own.
Another Kitchen Gadget
Do you really need another kitchen gadget?
A mini Dash waffle maker is definitely worth $10. I actually have two of them because I use them all the time. They are simple to store, they are easy to clean, and they are inexpensive.
Heat up two mini Dash waffle makers and start mixing my ingredients. The mini waffle makers must be thoroughly heated up before starting to cook the chaffles.
Apply non-stick cooking spray to grease both sides of the waffle maker will help ensure that the chaffle does not stick to the waffle iron.
In a medium size bowl mix together the cheeses, egg, almond flour and seasonings. Set aside as your waffle maker heats up.
Place a large spoonful of the cheese mixture in the middle bottom center plate of the waffle maker. Using the back of the spoon spread out the cheese mixture to cover the bottom iron just short of reaching the edge.
Close the lid to the waffle iron and set the timer for about 3-4 minutes.
Repeat this process for a total of 6 times to make all the chaffles. The precise reason I have two mini waffle makers is
Remove and Cool
After 3-4 minutes of cooking the chaffle use a fork to remove the chaffle from the mini waffle maker. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate. The chaffle will crisp up as it cools.
Chaffles can be both savory or sweet depending on the seasoning or sweetener you use. Use no seasoning at all for an even milder flavor to accompany your meal.
Here are the things I like to add into my chaffles…
Pin this idea for later!
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- Set up a mini waffle maker on a round plate to catch any drippings. Plug in the waffle maker to heat up.
- Open the mini waffle maker and spray non stick cooking spray on each side of the mini waffle maker.
- Using a large spoon, place 1/6th of the cheese mixture on the mini waffle maker. Close the lid to the waffle maker and let your chaffle cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- At about 3 to 4 minutes open the waffle maker. Use a fork to lift the chaffle out of the mini waffle maker. Place the hot chaffle on a paper towel to cool and crisp.
- Repeat this process until all of your cheese mixture has been cooked. This recipe will make roughly 6 chaffles.
- Serve and enjoy.