Kety Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 bell pepper small
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion yellow sliced
- 2 cups mushroom sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 lb sirloin steak thin sliced
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Sliced peppers in half and remove seeds. Place in casserole dish side by side with open side up. Baked peppers 350* for 20 minutes or until slightly softened. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place large skillet over medium high heat. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and sauté onions and mushrooms to soften for six minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in thin sliced sirloin steak to the onion mixtures and cook for 3 minutes. Turn meat and cook for another 1 minute.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Press provolone sliced into each roasted pepper. Equally stuff peppers with steak and onion mixture. Top each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers back into the oven under the broiler. Broil for about three minutes or until the cheese is bubbly crispy and a little browned.
- Serve and enjoy.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.