Keto Stuffed Peppers
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hearty & Heart Warming
A hearty and heart warming keto dinner!! Keto Stuffed Peppers are just another family favorite meal that’s keto friendly and easy and delish!!
I tend to snicker a little when I hear one of my clients talk about cooking for their non-keto family. There are so many recipes and family meals that are pretty much ALREADY low carb.
Your family won’t even know they’re keto!
Use a rainbow of colored peppers for this dish. Red, yellow, green and orange peppers are all a wonderful choice for this recipe. These peppers have a natural sweetness that intensifies with the baking.
The size of the peppers varies in the supermarket. Choosing large, medium or small peppers for this recipe will vary on what is available, how many people you are feeding, and how large your casserole dish is.
Double the recipe
This recipe for Keto Stuffed Peppers is great when batch cooking. When you assemble the peppers in the casserole dish, simply freeze before you bake.
The next time you need dinner in a pinch, simply pull out the frozen casserole and bake covered for an hour at 350*.
I use marinara sauce sparingly in my keto stuffed peppers. Jarred marinara sauce is one of those places that those sneaky carbs show up. I like to use Rao’s brand sauce as this is the best taste and tends to have to the lowest carbs.
Feel free to use more marinara, but note that the carb count will rise significantly.
Easy clean up
Line your casserole dish with foil before you get started. Then drizzle olive oil over the foil before placing your peppers open side up. You will stuffed the peppers and sprinkle with cheese before baking.
Trust me, using foil makes clean up so much easier!
The stated bake time for these Keto Stuffed Peppers is 350* for 40 minutes. If I’m headed out for my daily walk before dinner I’ll pop the casserole dish in the oven at 250* for 90 minutes.
It’s like killing two birds with one stone. I get my walk in and dinner is ready when I get back.
There is another way to make this Keto Stuffed Peppers if you have a tiny slot of extra time the day before or earlier in the day. I separate the bake time.
I have placed the peppers open side up in the foil lined casserole dish and pre-baked them for 20-30 mins. Once the peppers have softened I’ll set them aside to cool on the countertop or in the fridge until I am ready to stuff them with the ground beef mixture.
Can I say these Keto Stuffed Peppers are PERFECT for leftovers? Simply store any extras in the fridge in an airtight container for several days.
Reheat your chilled peppers in the microwave for 1-3 minutes or enjoy cold.
Pin this idea for later!
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this recipe for Keto Stuffed Peppers and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Keto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- 3 bell peppers halved and seeds removed, can be any color
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushroom chopped
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce Rao’s Marinara
- 3 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place large skillet over medium high heat and brown ground beef. Using your wooden spoon, break up the beef into small pieces.
- While the beef is browning, chop the onion and the mushroom into small dice. As the beef is starting to brown, move it to the side and add the onion and mushroom. Stir and mix all the contents of the skillet until soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle mixture with 1 tsp of salt and and ½ tsp pepper and stir to combine. Add in the cream cheese and the parmesan cheese to the meat mixture. Stir to melt and combine.
- Pour in 1/2 cup marinara over the beef mixture. Stirring to combine all. Taste for your desired seasoning.
- While beef is cooking, cut all your peppers in half and scoop out all seeds and ribs. Cut from the top down through the stem. This ensures that you have a boat shape for your filling to sit.
- Drizzle 1-2 tbsp olive oil into the casserole dish. Place all your pepper boats snuggly into the casserole dish on top of the marinara sauce. I can usually get 6 halves in one regular sized casserole dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each of the peppers equally. Sprinkling with shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover your casserole dish tightly with tin foil and place into a 350* oven. Bake for 40 minutes. Then take foil top off and broil for 3-5 minutes on high.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.