Keto Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
I’m always looking for easy, delicious and low carb side dishes to compliment my main dish. Cauliflower Cheese Casserole is that dish.
We love all vegetables and salads, but sometimes I’m looking for a side that is heartier. This recipe compliments any piece of meat, chicken or fish.
Cauliflower Cheese Casserole can also stand on it’s own as a main dish for the vegetarians in the group.
This side dish is warm and creamy and gives your a big hug all at the same time. Plus…it’s soooo fricking easy.
Start with Fork Tender Cauliflower
The quick first step to making Cauliflower Cheese Casserole is to steam or blanch the cauliflower florets. A few minutes to get your florets to be fork tender.
Key note to not over cook the cauliflower. We do not want mushy or too soft cauliflower as this dish is meant to mimic classic Mac and Cheese.
In a sauce pan over medium heat you will melt the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cream and seasonings together. You will bring the cream and cream cheese to a slow simmer.
Then add in the shredded cheddar to mix and melt all the cheeses together. The cheese sauce is meant to be thick for the Cauliflower Cheese Casserole.
Gently folding cheese and cauliflower
Taking your wooden spoon or rubber spatula slide along the inside of the bowl to the bottom of the Cauliflower Cheese Casserole mixture. Then bring your spoon up and folding the cheese around the cauliflower.
Keep folding a few times to completely cover all areas of the cauliflower with the creamy cheese mixture.
Pour all of the mixture into a small casserole dish. I use my favorite 6×11″ dish.
Once your casserole dish is full sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese evenly over your Cauliflower Cheese Casserole.
Place casserole in 400* oven for 15 minutes until bubbly and hot. At the end of cook time I like to turn my oven to broil for a few minutes. Do not look away as you will only need 1-2 minutes to get the top of your casserole brown and crispy.
If there is any Cauliflower Cheese Casserole leftover this dish is A.MAZE.ZING as left overs. Simply store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a few days. Reheat in the micro for a quick small meal.
Pin this idea for later!
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making low carb side salads like this Kale Avocado Salad is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Cauliflower Cheese Casserole and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup cream
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Bring 3-4" water to a rapid boil and steam cauliflower florets to fork tend. About 7-10 minutes. Drain cauliflower and set aside in a large clean bowl.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat whisk together cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and dried parsley. Bring to a small simmer.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese to the simmering cream mixture. Gently stir until fully combined into a thick creamy cheese mixture. Remove from stove top.
- Pour hot cheese mixture over the cauliflower. Gently fold cauliflower into the melted cheese to fully coat all pieces. Transfer cheese covered cauliflower to a 6×10" casserole dish and smooth top to spread to all corners.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese over the top of the cauliflower.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400*.
- Optional…turn oven to broil to slightly brown and crisp up the top of your Cauliflower Cheese Casserole. Broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.