Chili Dog Chili
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 10 oz hot dogs large chop
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 ounce tomatoes can diced
- 1 cups beef broth plus more if needed
- In a large heavy bottom stock pot brown your ground beef and sausage until fully cooked through. Once the beef and sausage is cooked remove from pot with slotted spoon leaving 1-2 tbsp remaining grease.
- Place the pot back on the stove over medium heat and stir in the onions, bell pepper and celery into the pot. Stir and cook for 2-4 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the garlic, spices and tomato paste. Stir until the onion mixture is fully coated. You may want to add a few tablespoons of water if the mixture is a little dry.
- Stir in the browned ground beef and sausage mixture, diced tomatoes, large chop hotdogs and beef broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Serve with garnish of chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
*you may want to add more or less beef broth to thicken or thin your Chili Dog Chili to your own desire.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 850mg | Potassium: 518mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1498IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Tag it on Instagram! #thekelliekitchen
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
(Visited 1,748 times, 1 visits today)