This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A great addition..
This savory Keto Cheese muffin has a slight hint of red bell pepper and cheddar cheese. It’s perfect with a big bowl of soup or chili. And my this muffin is only 4g net carbs!
Technically you don’t really need a muffin to go with your hearty low carb soups. Out of habit or as a bridge to better eating you may want to try these Keto Cheese Muffins.
The leftovers from this recipe freeze quite well. They are great at room temperature or heated up with a little slather of soft butter. And by the way, you can eat these on their own of with a meal.
My other muffins
I came up with a Jalapeno Cheddar Muffin not too long ago. This Keto Cheese Muffin uses chopped jalapeno and is quite similar. However, I’ve replaced the jalapeno with red peppers in these Cheddar Muffins to tone down the heat.
Soups to serve…
- Sausage Kale Cauliflower
- Cream of Mushroom
- Chicken Chile Verde Soup
- Zucchini Blue Cheese Soup
- Pumpkin Sausage Soup
Avoid the bread basket
I used to be embarrassed when I would have to refuse the basket of bread that inevitably arrives at our restaurant table. It was almost as though I was insulting them. I found myself apologizing for turning away their kind gesture of free stuff.
When I really stopped to think about it I realized it was them that should be apologizing to me. Shoving cheap filler carbs my way that are the devil in disguise was the real offense.
After I got over myself I was able to proud block the basket before it even came out of the restaurant kitchen. I have even become so bold as to bring my own Keto Cheese Muffins right into the restaurant.
Someday they will be asking me for my recipes to right all their wrongs. Until then I’ll stick with making my own Keto Cheese Muffins.
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese divided
- 4 eggs large
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ¼-½ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350* and line 12 muffin cups with parchment paper liners (not simple paper as these muffins will stick).
- In a large glass bowl sift together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and garlic powder. Toss in one cup cheddar cheese and the finely diced red bell pepper. Stir the flour mixture to combine with the red bell pepper and the cheddar cheese.
- To the flour mixture you will now add in the melted butter, cream, eggs and water. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients together to form a batter. The batter will be slightly thick as these are dense muffins.
- Divide batter evenly into the parchment paper muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin top with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350* oven. Test with a toothpick to check for doneness as these muffins are quite dense and oven temperatures can vary slightly. If they need more time keep them in the oven for a few minutes longer.
- Remove and enjoy. These muffins are great hot out of the oven, but also keep well in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for a few days.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.