Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
My secret soup diet
Ok, ok…its not a secret diet, but I just don’t talk about it with anyone. When I’m feeling puffy or have been experiencing the Carb Creep I use this Vegetable Beef Soup to get me back on track.
I make a double batch of this soup so I can freeze half and keep the other half at the ready in my fridge. I’ll have a regular size bowl of this soup at work for lunch. It’s very satisfying and satiating.
Then when I get home I heat up a large bowl for dinner. I do this soup routine for about a week and I drop weight fast. Very quickly after I do this Vegetable Beef Soup routine I’m back on track with my weight.
So…it’s not a secret, but an easy way for me to rebalance myself when I’m slightly off.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like these Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups is really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more, but I want everyone to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic, but when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.
You can read below how I think about food and health and where I have come from in my journey…
- Sausage Kale Cauliflower
- Cream of Mushroom
- Chicken Chile Verde Soup
- Zucchini Blue Cheese Soup
- Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- 2 lb beef ground
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups zucchini chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 28 oz tomato canned petite dice
- 2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp beef base
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- Over medium heat add the olive oil to a large heavy-bottom pot. When the pot has heated up add in the onions, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Stir to softened the vegetables and cook for 4-5 mins until the zucchini and mushroom are weeping.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes, beef broth, beef base, oregano, salt and the ground beef. Break the meat up with a sturdy wooden spoon while stir all the ingredients in the pot.
- Next, bring your soup to a rapid boil, then reduce your heat to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally or until the zucchini is soft, but not mushy.
- Check the seasoning and serve.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
Healthier skin, too!
My Beautycounter Side Gig
To place a Beautycounter order, go here: beautycounter.com/kellielogsdon
I’m a Beautycounter devotee and I truly love this company and their products, hence my Beautycounter Side Gig. I love their mission, their products and their affordable pricing for high-quality, safer products.
I’m super careful about what I put into my body by selecting and eating healthy food, so it’s kind of silly I haven’t been more careful about what I put into my body through the skincare products I use. Not anymore.
- The Dew Skin tinted moisturizer was my first favorite product. I use the #2 for light and medium skin tones.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Foundation (more full coverage than Dew Skin but still natural looking)
- Cream blush and Powder blush
- Cream highlighters and Powder highlighters
- Matte bronzer and Radiant bronzers
- Eye makeup — eyeshadows, brow products, eyeliners, mascara
- Lip products — lipsticks, lip sheers, lip glosses and lip conditioners