Keto Tuscan Chicken
Well, hello fancy week night chicken dinner! I swear you will look like a fancy pants when you make this Keto Tuscan Chicken. Most of the time I already have all the ingredients in my fridge to whip this recipe up.
Gotta love a one skillet dinner. One skillet means only one pan to clean up. Win Win on the Keto Tuscan Chicken.
Chicken Thin Sliced
You can certainly buy chicken already thin sliced. Of course you pay more for them to do the work for you. I’m a budget conscious kinda gal, so I buy two larger breasts.
When you thinly slice the breasts horizontally you end up with 4 pieces of chicken. These 4 thin sliced breasts will fit perfectly to cover the bottom of a large skillet.
Sun Dried Tomatoes
We LOVE Trader Joes Sun Dried Tomatoes. They come in a small jar packed in olive oil and seasonings. For this Keto Tuscan Chicken I use an entire jar DRAINED of the oil.
I love the flavor of the olive oil and seasonings, but the tomatoes need to be dried of excess oil for this recipe. Simply blot the tomatoes dry with a paper towel before you add them to the pan.
Xanthan Gum is a thickener used in gluten free cooking and food production. This product was first developed in the 60s and is used as a substitute to traditional methods to thicken and stabilize food.
This product is derived from the fermentation process of simple sugars. A very small amount of xanthan gum used in this Keto Tuscan Chicken will help to thicken the sauce.
If you do not have this ingredient you can omit it. The recipe will have the same taste, but the sauce will be less thick.
Double the Recipe
You know about leftovers, right? Leftovers are simply THE best! That is 1000% true for his recipe, too. However, more Keto Tuscan chicken in the pan makes for an extra step.
When searing the chicken you will want to cook the chicken in batches. Each piece of chicken will need to sit and sear in the pan. Cook both sides of the chicken. Then remove from the pan and work on the next batch of chicken.
Once the chicken is all browned you can then add back to the pan and continue the recipe.
Already said it…leftovers os Keto Tuscan Chicken are the best. If there is any leftover chicken simply store in an airtight container in your fridge for up to a few days.
Reheat and enjoy later on in the week for a second weeknight dinner or work lunch.
Keto Accountability Coaching
Keto Tuscan Chicken
- Heat some of the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Season your thin sliced breasts with salt and pepper. Add your chicken breasts to the hot skillet in a single layer.
- Cook chicken for 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown. Then flip your chicken to brown the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- With the skillet still over medium add the rest of the olive oil to the pan. Add in the onions and sir to soften for 1-3 minutes. As the onions begin to soften add in the garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Fold in the spinach with the garlic and onions until the spinach starts to wilt. Once the spinach has wilted after about 1-3 minutes add in the chicken stock and sun dried tomatoes to a high simmer.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix in until the cream cheese is fully melted into the spinach mixture. SPrinkle in the xanthan gum and stir in to thicken the sauce. Do NOT overuse the xanthan gum. Taste for seasoning and possibly add salt and pepper at this point.
- Place the chicken (and the juices from the plate of the chicken) back into the creamy spinach and sun dried tomato mixture. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and let simmer for 7-10 minutes.