This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Vegetarian Keto Friendly Dinner
Avocado Pesto Spaghetti Squash is one of my many “shop my fridge” meals. When I have too many RIPE avocados this is a go-to meal. Toss avocado, arugula, walnuts, garlic, parm and olive oil in a blender for a quick pesto.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like these Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups is really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more, but I want everyone to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic, but when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
I serve this Avocado Pesto over roasted spaghetti squash for a hearty vegetarian meal.
- 2 avocados small
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup water to thin
- 1 Spaghetti Squash large
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 1-3 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Blend all together in food processor or vitamix. You want the consistency to be slightly thick, but add 1/3-1/2 cup of water to thin.
Preheat oven to 350*
- Cut squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and stringy loose middle. Cover baking sheet with tin foil for ease of cleaning. Drizzle several tablespoons of olive oil on innards of the squash and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Turn over and place squash open side down on cookie sheet. Bake for 45-1 hour. Test doneness by pressing outer skin for softness. Should press in like a ripe piece of fruit.
- Once out of oven let sit on counter until just cool enough to handle. With a fork scrape spaghetti strands completely out of shell into a bowl.
- Season lightly with butter, salt and pep and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Spoon pesto over spaghetti squash. Enjoy!
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
LowCarb MD Podcast
I talked with Brain Lenzkes, MD and Tro Kalayjian, MD from LowCarb Md Podcast about my Low Carb journey. I don’t mention the Avocado Pesto over Spaghetti Squash, but its on our meal rotation.