Servings: 8 Servings
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 ½ lb roma tomatoes large and ripe
- 1 tbsp parsley fresh chopped
- 1 tbsp basil fresh chopped
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz goat cheese room temperature, save half for the topping
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease your tart pan. Line rimmed baking sheet with paper towels. Slice tomatoes and lay out the tomatoes on the paper towels. Sprinkle tomatoes with coarse salt and let sit. After 15 or so minutes, blot tomatoes with clean paper towel of excess water to dry them before layering on the tart.In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in 30 second increments until just melted. Add to the melted butter, the almond flour, salt and garlic powder. Mix together with a fork. Mixture will be crumbly. Press mixture into rectangular tart pan bottom and all the way up the sides, you can use a round tart tin or a small rimmed baking sheet approximately 9x12”. Crust will be thin, but cover all areas and go up the sides. Place crust in oven for 12 minutes. When crust is done in the oven take out and set aside to cool a bit.
- In a medium clean bowl mix eggs, salt, pepper, and ½ of the soft goat cheese with an electric hand mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Set aside.
- In the cooled tart shell spread the dijon mustard evenly over the bottom of the tart shell. I use a pastry brush, but the back of a spoon will do. Then layer the tomatoes evenly and beautifully in an organized fashion over the bottom of the tart shell. If you are using a rectangular tin then place tomatoes in straight lines overlapping in a ladder effect….if in a round tin then layer tomatoes in a circular pattern.
- Sprinkle the layered tomatoes with half of the chopped herbs. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the layered tomatoes and herbs. Drop small clumps of the rest of the goat cheese over the top of the tomatoes and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped herbs.
- Bake in 350* oven for 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on counter. Serve hot immediately, at room temperature or chilled with a side French Bistro salad or roasted asparagus. Enjoy!
Serving: 1Piece | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 457mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1295IU | Vitamin C: 12.3mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1.9mg
Tried this recipe?Tag it on Instagram! #thekelliekitchen
(Visited 886 times, 1 visits today)