- 1 ½ cup Almond Flour I use a combo
- ¼ cup salted butter I use Kerry Gold grass fed butter in the gold foil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- ⅓-½ lb Bacon no sugar added, chopped to ½” bits
- ½ yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar/jack cheese or cheese of choice, but we like cheddar/jack
- Preheat oven to 325*. In a bowl toss together the almond flour/meal, salt and garlic powder. Melt butter in microwave. Pour melted butter over almond flour mixture. With a fork, mix all together. In a pie dish press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the dish and up the sides. Use the bottom of a flat glass or the back of a spoon to smooth and evenly distribute your crust while cleanly finishing the top edge of the dish. WIth a fork poke several holes in the bottom of the pie to help prevent any bubbling. Place in 325* oven for 10 or so minutes. You don’t need to brown the crust at this point as you will be putting it back in the oven later. Once the crust is done take out to cool a bit and then put in fridge to cool some more while you are prepping the filling.
- While the crust is baking chop bacon and onion. First toss the bacon into a medium high heated cast iron skillet with a splash of olive oil. While the bacon is cooking, small chop the onion. When the bacon is crispy done use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon and set aside on a paper towel. Drain all but 1-3 Tbsp bacon grease and save the rest for another time (I save extra bacon grease in a tin in the freezer). On medium heat sautee the onion in the same pan as the bacon with the leftover bacon grease (about 1-2 Tbsp) until translucent. Turn off the heat and set aside. In a large bowl combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. With a hand mixer beat the egg mixture until frothy (about 3 mins on low).
- Turn up the oven to 350*. Take the pie crust out of the fridge and add each of the ingredients in layers. First ½ the bacon, all the onion, ½ the cheese. Then gently pour the egg mixture over the top filling almost to the top edge of the crust. Sprinkle on top the remaining cheese and bacon. Carefully place pie dish on lower rack in oven for 30 minutes. Then move quiche to upper rack for another 7 or so minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with a gorgeous french bistro side salad and sliced avocado.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 261mg | Sodium: 810mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 27.2% | Vitamin C: 1.2% | Calcium: 25.2% | Iron: 10.7%
Tried this recipe?Tag it on Instagram! #thekelliekitchen
(Visited 383 times, 1 visits today)