Furikake is a lovely mix of dried seaweed, toasted sesame seeds and a few other seasonings. This traditional Asian seasoning is usually used a topping for rice, vegetables or seafood. It gives a delightful Asian flavor to this Salmon Furikake or any dish and can be Keto friendly used in small amounts.
Keto Salmon Furikake
Using just a small amount of this seasoning on our salmon we keep the carbs super low, but still get the great flavor.
Mix & Smear
In a small bowl mix together mayo, sesame oil and soy sauce. After mixing you will have a creamy smear. Equally divide this mix and spread over the top of your fish filets to make Salmon Furikake.
See me making this in a one minute video on Tik Tok HERE.
Preheat your oven to 400*. Assemble your Salmon Furikake in a parchment paper lined baking dish. Bake the dish for roughly 10 minutes per inch thickness of the salmon. I usually cook my salmon for 10-15 mintes.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days. Reheat quickly in the microwave or serve chilled over a salad.
Serve your Salmon Furikake with riced cauliflower. We like mashed cauliflower as well. However, mashed cauliflower is slightly more work than riced cauliflower. A nice green salad is also a nice addition to this meal.
Other Keto Salmon Recipes
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- 4 salmon filets 1.5”-2” thick
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce gluten free
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp furikake
- Preheat oven to 400* degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together mayo,sesame oil, and soy sauce . Line a casserole or rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place salmon filets in the rimmed baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle pepper on top of each salmon filet. Then smear equal amounts of sesame, soy, mayonnaise mixture on top of each salmon filet.
- Sprinkle each of the filets equally with the furikake seasoning.
- Bake salmon filets for 10 mins or desired doneness. Remove from the oven and serve.