The Bunless burger
I never thought I’d prefer a cheeseburger without all the sweet doughy bread-y goodness. When I came up with this Easy Cheeseburger Casserole I was just taking my Easy Taco Pie recipe and my Cheeseburger Salad converting it to this winner….and no bread needed!
It just seems like a no-brainer to be able to make an entire casserole for your entire family AND have leftovers. So when this recipe came together for Easy Cheeseburger Casserole I knew this would be a staple in my family’s monthly meal planner.
How it’s made
Simple simple simple steps in making this easy family dinner. First you brown your ground beef and mix in the seasonings. While your beef is browning whisk together the eggs and cream. Also you will mix in half of the shredded cheddar cheese into the cream mixture.
Next for the Easy Cheeseburger Casserole you can chop up the onions and pickles and set them aside. Assembling your casserole is the easiest part.
Assembly of your casserole
In the bottom of your 8×11″ casserole dish put all your seasoned browned ground beef. Next, pour your cream and egg mixture evenly over the ground beef. You will then sprinkle the chopped onions and pickles over the entire casserole.
Lastly you will cover the egg mixture with the remaining shredded cheese. Carefully transfer your casserole dish into your preheated 350* oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Completely unnecessary, but a really nice Thousand Island sauce (low sugar, of course) is great to serve with your Easy Cheeseburger Casserole. You certainly can just use low sugar ketchup, mustard and mayo, but a simple mix of low sugar ketchup/mayo/sugar free pickles makes for a nice dip.
Chopped tomatoes, iceburg lettuce, avocado or bacon are all great add-ons to any burger. You get to decide how you want to doll up your family dinner. Some may want the extras, while others we want their Easy Cheeseburger Casserole straight out of the oven and simple.
Pin this idea for later!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp parsley finely chopped (can be dried)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup dill pickle chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- tomato chopped
- lettuce chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*
- In a medium skillet over medium heat brown your ground beef about 3-5 minutes. Mix in salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat together eggs and cream with a wire whisk. Mix in half the cheese to fully combine.
- In either a 9” pie tin or an 8×11” casserole dish, transfer your seasoned ground beef using a slotted spoon into your baking dish. Carefully pour your egg mixture over your ground beef. Make sure to spread out the ground beef evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion and dill pickle over the egg layer and then add the remaining cheese all over the top of the casserole.
- Bake your cheeseburger casserole for 40-45 minutes. Center will be set and top will be slightly browned
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like this Easy Cheeseburger Casserole is really my trick.
I transitioned to a Keto/Low Carb Lifestyle 3 years ago. Saying no to bread, rice, carbs and sugar changed my life. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more, but I want everyone to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic, but when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.