Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Sheet pan dinner
You’ve got to love the one pan dinners. And if I had used foil in the picture above there is almost no clean up. Salmon Pesto is one of those dinners that seriously looks (and tastes) like I’m a trained chef.
I can only eat so much beef and chicken, so in walks seafood into my life. It’s a great alternative and there are so many variations…a whole ocean full of variety! I have to be honest though.
Cooking seafood sometimes scares me. It’s expensive and all those eyeballs. Salmon Pesto is about the most innocuous fish dinners around.
I make salmon a few ways. Like this lemon version. It’s buttery and a little tart. Also looks super professional on the plate. This is an easy weekend night dinner…like all my salmon dinners.
When we get into poaching and crispy skin pan frying it gets a little more technical…but not insurmountable.
The pesto kind is what they ask for
Salmon is delicious so many ways, but Salmon Pesto is our favorite. It’s also super easy to clean up. I like to buy the big jar of pesto from Costco.
It keeps well in the back of my fridge and I use it for so many recipes..like my Portobello Pesto Pizzas.
Having been born and raised in Santa Monica (4th generation) my go-to source for fresh seafood has always been Santa Monica Seafood. They have been around for many generations, too! You can read their amazing family history here.
The selection and quality of their seafood is just unbelievable. They have two stores, but they supply supermarkets and ship all over California, Nevada and Arizona.
One of the greatest things about Santa Monica Seafood is that I can walk into a store or supermarket and everything looks so beautiful.
It’s slightly intimidating to see all the fins and scales and eyeballs, but the staff at SM Seafood is super friendly and knowledgeable. They’re quick with simple advice and encouraging to even the novice cook.
You will see their trucks all over town…
Santa Monica Seafood has a strong commitment to sustainability, among other commitments that they make to the community and World wide. This family owned business has been fishing the seas worldwide and they really care about our oceans…even making a point to commit to fishing locally.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like these Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups is really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more, but I want everyone to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic, but when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.
Keto Grocery List
I just have to add this link, too! It’s always helpful to have a Keto Grocery List on hand. I like to print this out and laminate it for my beginner clients. Take it to the supermarket with you as an easy reference.
- 4 pieces salmon filets of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp pesto
- Preheat your oven to 350* and line your rimmed baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Place your salmon skin side down on the baking dish with at least 1/2" in between each piece of fish. Drizzle olive oil over each piece of fish and then with clean hands rub the oil over the entire top surface of the fish.
- Sprinkle each piece of fish generously with salt and pepper. Look at the fish lovingly and blow it a kiss.
- Place the fish in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The time will depend on the thickness of the fish and your desired doneness. (The fish pictured in this post was just under 2" thick and I had it in the oven for 25 minutes up to this point in the recipe).
- When you feel like your fish is just about done slide the rack out of the oven. Carefully smear a tbsp of pesto sauce on each piece of salmon. Slide the fish back into the oven for another few minutes. Sometimes I even turn the broiler on for 1-2 minutes careful to watch so it doesn't burn.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.