This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb Italian sausage spicy or mild, casings removed
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6-8 cups kale chopped
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp glucomannan optional
- Place a heavy stock pot over medium high heat and add the Italian sausage. Break up the sausage into a large pieces or desired bite size. When the sausage is starting to brown add in the onion and stir to coat.
- Continue to cook sausage and onion for 2-3 minutes or until onion starts to soften.
- Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning and the cauliflower florets to the sausage and onion mixture until all fully coated and combined. Pour in the chicken stock, and again, stir to fully combine.
- As the stock is coming to a boil add in the chopped kale. The kale will be quite large but will wilt down as it is stirred with the broth. Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer. Stir in the glucomannan if using.
- Cover for 5-7 minutes, or when the cauliflower florets are fork tender. Turn the heat off. Stir in the cream to heat all the way through. Serve and enjoy.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.