Kale Avocado Salad
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Easy Kale Avocado Salad
Kale Avocado Salad is a quick toss together salad with avocado and lemon and red onion.
It’s as simple as mashing together a few simple ingredients to get this fresh summer salad on your table fast.
~MUST USE HANDS~
You must first thoroughly wash your hands and then dive right into the bowl. The key to making this salad is in the bruising of the kale leaves using a firm mashing of the avocado, lemon, red onion and salt into the kale.
I told Peter we were having a new Kale Salad with dinner and he sneered at me. You know, scrunched nose and all. I said trust me.
And……you know what? He loved the Kale Avocado Salad. Even had two helpings. HA!
No storing for later, sorry.
Unfortunately this salad does not store for leftovers. You can certainly make it an hour ahead of serving, but this Kale Avocado Salad must be eaten on the same day when made.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making low carb side salads like this Kale Avocado Salad is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Cauliflower Cheese Casserole and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
- 6 cups kale curly and rough chop
- 2 avocados medium
- 1/3 cup lemon
- 1/2 cup red onion paper thin sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pull ribs completely from kale leaves. Wash and thoroughly dry. Rough chop the kale and toss into a large bowl.
- Add the avocado, paper thin sliced red onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese on top of the chopped kale.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your hands. Push your sleeves up. Using your hands, firmly press the avocado into all the kale leaves. You want to mash, mix, cover and toss the kale leaves.
- Using your hands you will mash the avocado into the leaves and bruise to soften the kale.
- Remove all salad and avocado from your hands back into the bowl. Thoroughly wash your hands again.
- Taste for more salt if needed. Serve and enjoy.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.