Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
A break from pumpkin
With all the pumpkin flying around my kitchen the past several weeks, I knew I had to shift gears.
It was time to bring the cranberries out of the shadows and into the spotlight with my Cranberry Cheesecake Bars….and it’s a shining star!!!
Keto Baking Tips & Resources
Keto baking can be a little daunting. Ingredients are expensive and work differently than regular sugar and flour. Allulose is particularly interesting and I wrote a deep dive into what it’s all about HERE.
It’s a unique no carb sugar that works really well with my Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce.
The Cranberry Sauce (Sugar Free)
If you’ve ever made cranberry sauce from scratch you know how incredibly easy it is to make. I had been eating canned cranberry jelly filled with sugar for decades.
Who knew I could make my favorite Thanksgiving side dish low carb? And that no one even knows!
Here is the recipe for my Keto Cranberry Sauce
The sweetener I use is Allulose and it stays soft and jelly-like. This is not your typical store bought sweetener and you will have to get online, but it’s worth it for all your caramels, jams and citrus curds.
I was able to use that sugar free cranberry sauce in these awesome Cranberry Cheesecake Bars.
Then there’s the crust for my Cranberry Cheesecake Bars….I wanted it to be like a short bread or a traditional pie crust. I used my favorite stand by recipe for low carb pie crust with a little coconut flour for texture.
Press the dough into a parchment lined my 6×9″ pan. The parchment paper or even tin foil are necessary in order to remove the Cranberry Cheesecake bars from the pan after cooling.
Pour the cheesecake mixture into your pre-baked crust. Then place small spoonful dollop the cranberry sauce evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
Lastly you are going to gently drag a knife edge through the red and white mixture to decoratively mix the two together. Get creative, but not aggressive with this step.
Ready to Bake our Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
First we bake this recipe for 25 minutes. Then I turn the oven off and open the door of the oven. I let the cheesecake sit in the open oven for another 20-30 minutes.
Then I move the Cranberry Cheesecake Bars to the counter to cool completely.
Last part……It will be hard to let this chill for 2 hours before serving, but chilling it to set makes for firm bars. Once fully chilled you will lift out the parchment paper with the entire dessert intact.
At this point you can then slice your dessert into 15 bars for an absolutely delightful treat!
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this recipe for Cranberry Cheesecake Bars and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
- Combine the cranberries, Allulose sweetener, orange zest and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries are soft and thickened.
- Add in orange extract. Mash cranberries and set aside to cool.
- You will use only ½ cup of this cranberry recipe. The rest of the cranberry sauce to be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months and for another use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 6×9” pan with parchment paper.
- Press the crust mixture to the parchment paper lined pan. Press the crust firmly and evenly into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using the ½-1 cup of your sugar free cranberry sauce drop small spoonfuls over the cheesecake filling, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until the cheesecake filling is set, but ever so slightly jiggly. Do not remove the cheesecake bars just yet. Turn off the oven and leave the oven door ajar.
- Let cheesecake bars sit in the open cooling oven for another 30 minutes. Then remove the pan and let cool to room temperature about another 30-60 minutes.
- THEN….Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove Pan from fridge and lift the parchment paper bars out of the pan. Slice into 15 bars and enjoy.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
Healthier skin, too!
My Beautycounter Side Gig
I’m a Beautycounter devotee and I truly love this company and their products, hence my Beautycounter Side Gig. I love their mission, their products and their affordable pricing for high-quality, safer products.
I’m super careful about what I put into my body by selecting and eating healthy food, so it’s kind of silly I haven’t been more careful about what I put into my body through the skincare products I use. Not anymore.