This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fall Pumpkin Spice
It doesn’t really matter that it’s still warm out in Southern California through October. Once Labor Day hits the Pumpkin Spice comes out with a vengeance. It’s no different for us here in Santa Monica with my Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.
When my kids were little and we were headed into school in the Fall we would stop at Starbucks occasionally to grab breakfast on the way into school. Pumpkin stuff was always a favorite, yet little did I know I was jacking them up on sugar.
I had no idea that little muffin from Starbucks would hold a whopping 71g carbs, but I am not surprised. So I came up with these copycat and keto friendly Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. These guys only have 5g net carbs and fit right into my Keto And Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle.
Making the swirl
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are made using one large bowl. First I dump all the dry ingredients into a sieve over that bowl. I want to make sure that there are no lumps in the dry ingredients before I pour in my wet ingredients.
Once I have lump-free dry ingredients I can add all the wet ingredients all at once. Some recipes call for one egg at a time, but it’s not necessary. I just dump it all into the bowl and give it a blend.
I line my muffin pan with paper liners as keto breads and cupcakes tend to stick to the pan. The last thing you want is for your Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins sticking to the pan. Evenly divide the batter for your muffins between a dozen lined cups...then set aside.
The Cream Cheese Swirl
In a small bowl I mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream and sweetener until fully smooth. Once you have a creamy mix then you take a generous spoonful of your sweet cream cheese on to each muffin cup.
Now here’s the swirl…take a butter knife or a chopstick and drag the cream cheese in a circle through the pumpkin batter. You can go back and forth or swirl all in one direction to get the desired effect.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until your Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are fully baked.
So Many Pumpkin Things
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bisque
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pecan Tart
- Pumpkin Crumble
Staying on track
I do not eat the sweet keto friendly all the time, but having these items as a crutch help me stay on track. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins are just one of those things that is a treat so have once in a while.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 4 eggs large
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie extract vanilla is fine
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tbsp sour cream
Cream Cheese Swirl
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream and 1 tbsp of sweetener.
- Add a generous spoonful of sweetened soft cream cheese mixture to each muffin top. Using the tip of a butter knife or a toothpick to swirl the pumpkin batter with the cream cheese together. Be creative and give it a swirl.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
Pin this idea for later!
Because I want healthier skin, too!
My Beautycounter Side Gig
To place a Beautycounter order, go here: beautycounter.com/kellielogsdon
I’m a Beautycounter devotee and I truly love this company and their products, hence my Beautycounter Side Gig. I love their mission, their products and their affordable pricing for high-quality, safer products.
I’m super careful about what I put into my body by selecting and eating healthy food, so it’s kind of silly I haven’t been more careful about what I put into my body through the skincare products I use. Not anymore.
- The Dew Skin tinted moisturizer was my first favorite product. I use the #2 for light and medium skin tones.
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Foundation (more full coverage than Dew Skin but still natural looking)
- Cream blush and Powder blush
- Cream highlighters and Powder highlighters
- Matte bronzer and Radiant bronzers
- Eye makeup — eyeshadows, brow products, eyeliners, mascara
- Lip products — lipsticks, lip sheers, lip glosses and lip conditioners