Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
I always think of flourless chocolate cake as the elegant version of just your regular ol’ brownie.
On occasion I would make a treat for my kids. They would get a square of this or that and be super happy. However, when I made my Keto Flourless Chocolate cake it was a super special treat….and fancy too!
A few changes to the original recipe…
My Keto Flourless Cake is just as elegant as the traditional version, but without all the sugar. Technically the traditional recipe and my inspiration called for 5 Tbsp flour and a boat load of regular table sugar.
When I made a few switches to the ingredients from traditional to low carb it was a flawless transition.
As you may or may not know I have a teenie kitchen with an ‘ol work horse of an oven. In my kitchen we never really know the exact temp of the oven (unless I test it with a thermometer).
I set the oven at 350* just to be safe. I went for 40 minutes and got great consistency and texture in my Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake. However, every oven is a little different.
Check your cake at 30 or 35 minutes for doneness. Let me know what worked for you.
A Show Stopper
I have made this Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake numerous times for dinner parties or Sunday Luncheons. More often than not my cake was the favorite over traditional versions.
It sits elegantly on a dessert table. This cake also looks simple and beautiful as a slice on a small plate. Add a dollop of fresh whipped cream (also homemade and sweetened with stevia) and it’s a show stopper.
One of the other things I love about my Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is that is freezes beautifully. I may make this cake several days in advance of a party. Then just take out of the freezer just a few hours before the guests arrive.
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake is always a hit with my guests.
Because I adore you guys…
Now a note from the Accountability Coach in me…Just because a slice of this cake is only 1g net carb does NOT mean you can eat half the cake for only 5g net carbs.
There are still lots of calories and lots of fat in EACH slice.
Enjoy ONE slice and save the rest for another day. I totally adore you people and want to see you succeed on your health journey. K…off my soap box.
Pin this idea for later!
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350* and move rack to middle of the oven. Grease a 9” springform or cheesecake pan and set aside.
- Melt together the butter and chocolate chips until fully melted and smooth. You can do this in a microwave in 30 second increments or over a double boiler on the stovetop.
- In a small bowl sift together almond flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In another larger bowl beat together eggs and low carb sweetener for about 3 minutes until fully whipped.
- With mixer on low carefully add the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Mix until just blended. Again while mixer is on, slowly pour in melted chocolate mixture. Make sure to scrape all the chocolate into the egg mixture completely cleaning the chocolate bowl.
- Using a rubber spatula pour batter into your springform pan, again scraping entire batter bowl clean. Place cake pan into middle of the oven and bake for 40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Check at 35 minutes for doneness with a tester…tester should come out with a few moist crumbs, but you be the judge. My oven takes 40 minutes.
- Pull the cake from the oven and let cool at room temperature. As cake cools it will settle and fall into a dense rich flourless cake. With a sharp knife cut around the edges of the springform pan and then the side of the pan from the cake.
- Serve warm, room temperature, from the fridge OR straight from the freezer.
- Fresh whipped cream and fresh raspberries are an excellent addition to this dessert rounding out an elegant meal.
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake. You can still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook. My workbook will take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.