Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Winner Chicken Dinner Salad
Sometimes people think just because I’m cooking all the time that every meal I make is EPIC. This Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad is proof that I simple meals are my staples. But it’s EPIC, too!
I am NOT this master chef whipping up Coq Au Vin or an impressive Seafood Bouillabaisse with my eyes closed. NOPE, sorry.
Minimal-inexpensive-everyday ingredients are my jam. Once you start getting super fancy on me my eyes will glaze over…seriously.
5 min Chicken Marinade
When my kids were little I’d be in a mad scramble to get a tasty dinner on the table F.A.S.T. Simple, flavorful and something everyone would eat.
So a pack of thin sliced chicken breasts and half a bottle of italian dressing sat in a ziploc bag for at minimum 5 mins. When I was really organized this would be marinating in the fridge all day, but that was rare.
Just a simple salad dressing marinade for a few minutes was all it took to give my chicken a little pizzazz.
Quality…if you can
Finding good or clean marinade or Italian salad dressing can be tough. I go to the supermarket to find a sea of options. When I look through ALL the ingredients I get a little disheartened.
Everything on the shelves is FILLED with sugar and the ingredient list is a mile long. With that said…please use whatever you can find that is the least egregious with no added sugars or starches.
I have found a brand I like called Primal Kitchen that is perfectly inline with my health goals and budget. This basic Oil and Vinegar dressing marinade is what I use. Their Italian dressing is lovely, too.
The Salad Part
This recipe listed below is what I use in my Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad…..and EVERYONE loves it. However, you can omit things you don’t like or add more things you prefer.
- Mixed Greens
- Red Cabbage-shredded
- yellow onion-fine slice
- hard boiled eggs
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
The Dressing with a Kick
Super simple mix of Ranch, olive oil, pinch of salt and Frank’s Hot Wings Sauce. Here is the recipe, but really the amounts depend on how much salad you’re making and how much you want to use.
I know, I know…adding hot wing sauce sounds weird, but TRUST ME! The combo with the tang from the hot wings sauce is PERFECT for this Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad.
You can make this dressing in a triple batch to store in your fridge to use later. Use it as a dipping sauce too.
The PERFECT family meal
That’s right, the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad is a perfect family meal.
Sometimes kids don’t like everything mixed and mashed together. That’s fine! Simply slice up the chicken and put it separately on their plates. I would also place cherry tomatoes and avocado separately on their plates.
Toss the plain salad greens with some ranch dressing AND give the kids extra plain ranch dressing for dipping their chicken, too.
Just because you have picky eaters does not mean you have to be a short order cook. You already have all the elements of a family friendly meal when you are pulling together theWinner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast thin sliced cutlets
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing Primal Kitchen Brand
- spring greens
- red cabbage
- yellow onion
- cherry tomato
- feta cheese
- Keto Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Place thin sliced chicken in marinade for at least 5-7 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken into hot skillet and let brown for 3-4 minutes. Once the chicken has browned turn over to brown other side. Turn heat down and let cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble your salad. Amounts of each item below will vary depending on how many servings of salad you wish to make.
- Add a few handfuls of mix salad greens and arugula to a large salad bowl..
- Add in about 1/2 cup small cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup feta cheese, 1 avocado diced, 1/2 cup thin sliced yellow onion, 1/2 cup thin sliced red cabbage. Set aside.
- Turn off the heat for the chicken and let chicken sit covered in the pan on the warm burner.
Keto Spicy Ranch Dressing
- Mix together the dressing while the chicken is resting.
- Stir together 4 tbsp ranch dressing, 2 tbsp Frank's bufffalo wing sauce and 1-2 tbsp olive oil.
- You may even double or triple this recipe and store extra in fridge for later.
Assemble the salad
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad using as much or as little dressing as you desire. Toss the salad and divide into serving bowls or plates.
- Slice chicken into strips and place as much or as little as you desire on top of mixed salad. Enjoy.
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Salad and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making salads and dinners like this Winner Winner Chicken Dinner is really my trick.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources
Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on factors such as precision of measurements, brands, ingredient freshness, or the source of nutrition data. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible. While we do use a standard web-based nutrition calculator, we make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
To calculate Net Carb count with sugar alcohols, we simply subtract grams of sugar alcohols (including glycerin), as well as fiber, from total grams of carbs.