Chicken Artichoke Casserole
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Our family really loves this creamy Chicken Artichoke Casserole. We fill ours with onions, spinach, artichokes and big chunky chicken to make this keto friendly dinner….and it has 6 servings.
Double the recipe and bake in a 9×13 casserole dish to feed a crowd or to have as leftovers.
Chicken-buy it or make it
Use a store bought chicken or make your own for this Chicken Artichoke Casserole. You will get now judgement from me either way, just start with cooked chicken on this recipe.
Having chicken already made makes this dinner come together in about 30 minutes if you move fast…which you know I like to do.
I make my own Rotisserie Chicken every week in my Instant Pot. It’s a routine I have had from the beginning and has led to much of my success in getting healthy meals like Chicken Artichoke Casserole on the table fast.
Instant Pot Chicken
It’s almost second nature for me now, however I do know that a $5 ready made Costco rotisserie chicken is hard to compete against.
Nevertheless I created a recipe to help you make your own rotisserie chicken in your own kitchen with little effort and a few extra bonuses.
Bonuses like not having to drive all the way to Costco and fight the lines. And…using better chicken that’s of your choosing and hence a little better and healthier Chicken Artichoke Casserole.
Gorgeous Homemade Chicken
Chicken Artichoke Casserole
For your Chicken Artichoke Casserole you want to start by heating a large skillet with sliced onions in olive oil. As the onions start to soften add in the spinach and canned chopped artichokes. Season with salt and pepper.
At first the spinach will seem large and over flowing your skillet. Don’t worry. The spinach will wilt down with the heat of the onions and artichoke. Keep stirring and flipping the spinach in the skillet.
The creamy mixture
In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, garlic, parmesan cheese, and jalapeños. The cream cheese should be super soft so everything will cream together easily with a fork.
The next part of your Chicken Artichoke Casserole is to add your chopped chicken and spinach mixture to your creamed cheese mixture bowl.
Toss all the ingredients together to fully coat and combine your vegetables, chicken and cheese sauce. Spread your mixture into your casserole dish and smooth with the back of your rubber spatula.
The last part is simply sprinkling red pepper and mozzarella cheese. The red pepper flakes are totally optional, but add a nice balance to the creamy texture of this casserole.
I use a smaller 6×10″ casserole dish. This size works for us as this gives us 6 servings. However if I’m batch cooking I’ll make double and freeze one casserole and bake the other.
This is recipe for Chicken Artichoke Casserole can easily be double and baked in a 9×13″ casserole dish to feed a crowd.
Pop your casserole dish into a 400* oven for 15 minutes. Remember that everything is already cooked. You are simply reheating everything so it all melts together.
When the buzzer goes off for your Chicken Artichoke Casserole turn your oven to broil and set time for 1-2 minutes. Don’s walk away. You want the top of your family dinner to get a little brown and crispy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow onion sliced
- 4 cups spinach fresh (4.5 oz)
- 14 oz artichoke hearts in water, rough chop
- 2 tbsp mayo
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 jalapeño medium, seeds removed, small chop
- 3 cloves garlic fine mince
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 cups chicken cooked large chunk rough chop
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400* and grease a small casserole dish. I use a 6×10” dish.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and stir for 1-2 mins to soften. Add fresh spinach to softened onions and stir until wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add artichoke to spinach and onions to heat through. Turn off heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together mayo, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, softened cream cheese, garlic and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to the cheese mixture and toss to fully coat. Next, add in the spinach and artichoke mixture. Toss chicken and spinach mixture to fully combine.
- Spread chicken into a casserole dish using a spatula or spoon to smooth out. Sprinkle red pepper flakes and mozzarella cheese over the entire casserole.
- Bake at 400* for 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and brown the top for 1-3 minutes or until too is bubbly and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy.
MEDICAL AND NUTRITION DISCLAIMER…Please note that I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am simply recounting and sharing my own experiences on this blog. Nutritional break downs are done using a commercial nutrition calculator. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advice and you should consult with your doctorbefore starting any diet or exercise program. I provide nutritional information for my recipes simply as a courtesy to my readers, this should never be construed as medical advice.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like this Chicken Artichoke Casserole is really my trick. Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success. Every meal does not have to be epic. However….when I am prepared I have a much better chance at success.
One more time….
When I am prepared with healthy low carb meals and a plan I have a better chance at success.