Chicken Chile Casserole
Some of the links included are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. I recommend these products because they are helpful and useful; not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something.
Keto Chicken Chile Casserole
Hi guys! In an effort to get this recipe to you before tonight’s LIVE show I am going to keep this short and sweet.
You probably already have all these ingredients in your pantry and fridge for this Chicken Chile Casserole. All you need is a store bought rotisserie chicken and you’re golden.
I like to make my own rotisserie chicken, but you can easily use a store bought rotisserie chicken for this Chicken Chile Casserole. Use whatever works with your budget and schedule.
Poblanos are ok, too!
A few weeks ago we made stuffed poblanos and I’m obsessed with these dark green chiles. You can roast them in batches if you don’t want to use canned for this recipe.
This is what they look like…
Once you mix all the ingredients together for your Chicken Chile Casserole simply layer the cheeses, chicken and chiles.
Bake time on this dish is 30 minutes and it comes out hot and bubbly.
Great as leftovers
There are only 2-3 of us that eat dinner (usually). This recipe stores very well in the fridge for leftovers.
Simply heat and serve the next day for a work lunch or dinner.
For me there is nothing better than being able to get a hot and delicious dinner on the table fast…ESPECIALLY during the week. This Chicken Chile Casserole is that “Jackpot” meal for us.
- 4 large whole green chiles canned/patted dry
- 2 large chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1 cup jack cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup cream
- 3 tbsp cream cheese softened
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a small casserole dish or 6×10” pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder. Fold in shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Lay out flat two of the chiles to cover the bottom of the pan. Spoon in half of the creamy chopped chicken mixture on top of the chiles.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of each of the cheeses on top of the chicken. Then place the other two chiles flat on top of the cheese.
- Spoon in the second half of the creamy chopped chicken mixture on top of the chiles. Smooth out chicken and then sprinkle remaining half of the cheeses over the casserole dish. Sprinkle top of casserole with red pepper flakes (optional).
- Place the casserole in the oven for 30 minutes. At the end of 30 minutes turn the oven to broil and brown the top of the casserole for 1-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
My secret to lasting weight loss
Maintaining my weight loss, and quite frankly staying healthy, has always been the main driver for this website. Making meals like this Chicken Chile Casserole is really my trick to sustained health.
Sorry, it’s that simple for me…I meal prep and almost always cook at home.
I wrote a few articles about this and will write more. Everyone needs to know that cooking at home is one of my major keys to success.
Every meal does not have to be epic.
When I am prepared I have a much better chance at success and maintaining my best health.
- The Diet That Changed My Life
- My 80 – 20 Rule
- Re-Thinking Healthy Food
- Life with a Keto Mom
- My Favorite Low Carb & Keto Resources