The Sundays we love in our family are the ones where I get to pop a Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake in the oven and we all get to sit around the TV watching sports or a movie. Usually the fire is going, everyone is in sweats, and its laughable to think that ANYONE would leave the house.
I developed this Keto Friendly Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake because 1. everyone loves buffalo chicken and 2. I needed a new way to use all my cauliflower. Plus this Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake is a great batch cooking item to pop an extra casserole in the freezer for a later time. It’s always nice to have a ready made dinner for unexpected visitors or if I’m late from work.
When I’m late getting out of the office, my Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake goes straight from the freezer to 350* oven and is on the table by 6pm. Truth is I have a little help from my teen to get it in the oven while I’m driving home from work. When she gets off the bus at 5pm and I text her to turn on the oven and pull the casserole right out of the freezer and into the oven for an hour…no thaw time.
Serve your Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake with a big green salad for a hearty meal and an easy clean up. Enjoy!Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Bake
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken meat only, store bought rotisserie chicken
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 ½ blocks)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce Frank's
- ½ cup scallion chopped split ¼ cup into mixture and ¼ cup on top
- ½ cup Ranch dressing homemade or bottled, your choice
- 4 oz green chile chopped
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese Cheddar/Jack/Mozzarella or a blend of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Fill large stockpot with water, add 1-2 tbsp salt and bring to a rolling boil. Add cauliflower florets and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not overcook, you want your cauliflower to still have some firmness to hold up to tossing with the cheese mixture. When finished cooking, drain cauliflower and set out to dry and cool.
- While the cauliflower is boiling, pull apart and shred the entire rotisserie chicken, reserving only the meat...skin, bones and fat can be tossed or saved to make bone broth later if you like. Set aside the chicken.
- In a microwave safe bowl place cream cheese and heat in 30 second increments. Stir until soft and creamy. Cream together with 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup ranch dressing, garlic powder and ¼ cup scallions.
- Mix together chicken, cauliflower and the buffalo cream cheese mixture. Pour entire mixture into casserole dish, smoothing and pressing into the dish. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over entire casserole.
- Bake casserole at 350* for 30 minutes. Turn heat up to broil and cook for another 2 minutes, watching not to burn.
- Serve with extra ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.