Keto Pumpkin Soup
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A bowl of warmth
This Keto Pumpkin Soup has all the savory flavor of pumpkin with a creamy heart warming yum for a beautiful fall day. Even though this soup can be whipped up in all of 20 minutes, I like making this soup recipe in double batches to freeze for a later day.
This savory fall soup warms you from the inside out. It’s creamy and pumpkin-y and velvety…perfect for the Fall and Winter season.
Not a fan of Pumpkin Pie
Truth be told I was never really a fan of pumpkin pie at the holidays. It was probably the consistency or that I would usually get a leftover smashed piece of pie that was cold and mushy. However, I always liked the taste of pumpkin spice, so I decided to get it the spirit of the season.
It was time to try pumpkin a new way in a savory delicious soup. Keto Pumpkin Soup was so easy to make and delicious that it has become a new favorite.
Keto Pumpkin Soup is quick
With just a few ingredients for this recipe it comes together with pretty much everything you might already have in your pantry. Canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, chicken broth and a little cream.
Living a Keto lifestyle, I always have heavy cream in my fridge, which make this an easy weeknight dinner.
When you live in Southern California, Fall and Winter are super short. Knowing you’ve got this soup in your Fall dinner rotation, you may want it to start snowing. Ha…fat chance!
So, even though the “season” for pumpkin seems to be just mere weeks from late November to mid December, I think you can stretch that out for at least a few months.
The minute you’re feeling like pulling on a sweater you know it’s time to pull out the pumpkin. Always keep pumpkin in the back of the pantry for a quick heart warming soup….Keto Pumpkin Soup.
One pot meal
In 3 steps you can basically have dinner on the table in 30 minutes with minimal clean up.
I like to pretty much dump all the ingredients into a stock pot, simmer and then puree your soup.
Sprinkle a few pepita seeds and drizzle a little extra cream on top of each bowl of soup for a lovely presentation to this simple soup.
So Many Pumpkin Things
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- Low Carb Pumpkin Bread
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pecan Tart
Keto Pumpkin Soup
- Put a large stockpot or dutch oven over a medium flame and add the butter. Chop onion and add to the melting butter. Stir occasionally as the onion become translucent.
- Add the pumpkin puree and all other ingredients (except cream and xanthan gum) then stir. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using an emulsion blender or a free standing blender, blend the soup to thoroughly puree all the onions into a velvety smooth and creamy soup. You can pass through a mesh sieve to get the soup even smoother, but not necessary.
- Whisk in xanthan gum and add heavy cream. Stir to mix completely and warm the cream through the soup.
- Serve and garnish with pepita seeds if using and enjoy!
21 day Keto & Fasting Jump Start Program
If you’re new to low carb and fasting and need someone like me to hold you accountable I have a one on one program. The Kellie Kitchen Accountability Coaching Program…for details click here.
I’ll teach you how to eat delicious food like this recipe for Keto Pumpkin Soup and still lose weight, look great and feel AMAZING.
However, if you’re a “Do It Yourself” kind of person I have created a workbook to take you through the 21 day Jump Start Journey.